Scan today :)

mrssmith2011

Reaction score
Had my 12 weeks scan today. It was lovely to see our little one is absolutely perfect. They have dated me at 11 weeks 5 day so little one is due around my birthday :) Just wanted to share the news with people who might be happy for us. Shame my sister in law isn't x

Yay! can't wait for my 12 wk scan now. Had one today, and saw baby's heartbeat. But still so tiny.

Why isn't your sister in law pleased?

Bless you Toria. It will fly round. I am pleased you had a scan today. It settles your mind a little bit. She thinks because I am pregnant that we have nothing better than to make peace with my husbands parents who stormed out of our wedding after telling my husband he was making the biggest mistake of his life by marrying me. We had been together for 4 years when we got married and will have been married over 2 years before we have the little one. She doesn't seem to accept that it is his parents at fault and that they have done too much damage to fix things and have never tried to make amends with us x

Hi mrs smith - congrats on the scan! That puts you at the same time as me ... Although I have my scan on Thursday so could change then. I think it can be difficult for people to see the truth about their parents sometimes - they get put on a pedestal and I think they can't see why everyone else wouldn't think they great too! Although you really don't need the stress of that at the moment - try telling her that and say you need life to be as relaxed as possible. Xx

Thanks clareybell Ah excellent. You will have to let me know what they say on Thursday. I know. she thinks that they are perfect as they treat her like a princess. They have never helped my husband at all. All I want is for everyone to be happy for us xxx

I know - hopefully she will come around. I have a similar thing with my sister as I stopped seeing my dad about 12 years ago, she still does though and thinks he's perfect (which he is far from) and I know she wants me to see him again ... Thankfully she's not said anything outright since I got pregnant, know that's what she thinks though.

I know I can't wait for Thursday, excited and terrified all at once! Xx

I am happy for you - I know this is a great moment! :)

Thanks Ignis. I hope so Clareybell. I have got my fingers crossed for you for Thursday. She went on ridiculous yesterday. She loves the little one and my husband. Where does leave me. Lost my temper late last night and told her exactly what I think. I'm pleased she hasn't said anything to you out right. My sister in law rang my husband yesterday ranting and raving at him. She was on handsfree as my husband was driving. My Dad was in the car and heard every word. I wish she would just butt out xxx

Congratulations on your scan glad everything went fine. X

Now the sister in law wants a copy of the scan picture. Erm I think not as she will take it straight to her parents x

Yay congratulations mrs smith ..... And as for the sister-in-law ...... Don't let her ruin this happy time for you xxx

Yes she really should butt out! Like bbaby says, don't let her ruin this time for you, it's very difficult but try to take the serene, higher road - hopefully when she realises she's getting nowhere, she'll stop xxx

Thanks Guys. There is no way she is getting hold of the scan picture. I think she is in a huff with me as I lost my temper and told her exactly what I thought. We just want to enjoy the pregnancy. It's been a hard few weeks and she doesn't seem to want to accept that who sees that little one is none of her business x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back