Scan on Monday

Discussion in 'First Trimester' started by Sunshine, Jun 24, 2005.

1. Sunshine

Sunshine Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone

I had a scan a week ago as I had had some spotting. It showed a pregnancy sac and a yolk but as I was only 6 weeks they could not get a heartbeat. I have to go back on Monday when hopefully there should be a heartbeat to reassure me! I am hopeful that all will be well as I have had no further bleeding and no pain - please cross your fingers for me!

This will be my 3rd baby and was not planned. Me and DH are both pleased, but a little concerned as to how we will cope. I know we will manage somehow, but I have my hands full with the 2 I've got - it's not going to get any easier is it? We always said we wanted 3 - until number 2 came along, he's a bit of a handful and I decided 2 was enough.

I hoping the main reason I am finding it hard to get really excited is due to the uncertainty with the bleeding. I think perhaps I am protecting myself incase the news is not good. Hopefully if they can give me the all clear on Monday I will start to get as excited as I was with my previous 2!

I'll let you all know how I get on

2. Sunshine

Sunshine Well-Known Member

Well I've had my scan and the news is good. They managed to find a heartbeat and my dates look about right. It was great to actually see something really in there this time, compared to just a pregnancy sac last time. What a difference a week or so can make! I feel that I can now get on with my pregnancy and hopefully that will help me to sleep a bit better. I'm feeling very tired today, a couple of nights of not sleeping very well at all and last night being kept up for hours with my youngest, I could really do with a good night's sleep tonight. I'm now looking forward to my dating scan in 4-5 weeks so I can get a proper look at the little nipper!

Sunshine

3. Rosieroo

Rosieroo Well-Known Member

I'm really pleased that your scan went well Sunshine, I am sure you will cope with 3. My mum had a coil when my youngest sister was conceived (she's now 12), and I think she was pretty settled with just the 2 children which is why she had the coil, Em was a shock but is much loved :) and you cope :)