scan at 5 weeks??

babyg

Reaction score
Hey girls

I'm still waiting for af after ectopic over 4 weeks ago and have been thinking about when I do conceive again. The nhs has offered me an early scan at 6 weeks to check baby is in womb when I do get preggers again but I'm bit worry that this will be too late if I have another ectopic, shitting myself but its worth taking the chance to get a lil baby. It ruptured last month bang on 6 weeks, doc worked out from my lmp but if u work it out from ovulation dates it happened on 5 weeks and 3 days, I ov very late in cycle. If I was to pay for early scan at 5 weeks would they be able to tell if baby was in womb? I can imagine everything being so tiny it would be hard to see?? Has anybody had scan at bang on 5 weeks? Or do u know of anyone who's had one? Some feedback wud be great. Just wana know my options so I can book one asap when I get mt bfp.

Thanks xxx

Last edited:
Morning babyg :)

Well I was trying to get an earlier scan than 6 weeks but couldn't-the ultra sound place said they struggle to see anything that early and although may detect fetal pole it will be a internal scan. So that would provide reassurance it's where it should be.

Eptopics are rare, the chances of you having another are really small but nevertheless I would feel exactly the sane as you about the whole thing. On the scan I had at 6w&3d they checked ovaries to make sure it was all ok.

If you were really worried maybe pay for one at 5 weeks then have the free one at epu at 6weeks?
Xxxx

Ps might be worth looking at the eptopic pregnancy trust in Uk they have lots if useful information and discuss concerns like yours xxx

You can indeed book an earlier scan privately hun - make sure the place you go offer transvaginal scans though!

It's weird that your Dr has asked you to wait until 6 weeks though. My friend was blood tested as soon as she had a + after her ectopic (apparantely the hCG levels can indicate if it's another ectopic)

She was scanned around 5 weeks as well, and scanned again at 7 weeks (internally!)

xxxxxxxx

Thank you so much for info girls.

I know they shud have offered me one before 6 weeks but I'd rather just pay than waste time trying to get one earlier off them.

Thanks carnat I have heard about the hgc levels and ectopic so will be requesting this off doc as soon as I get preggers again, god knows how long it will take with only my left tube now tho.

I will have look on that website for further info thanks sunbeam, hope u and ur lil bean are doin well :) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back