Saving up my annual leave for later on

Sarah W Baby Belly

Reaction score
I have developed a cunning plan to make my final weeks at work more bareable and my manager has whole-heartedly agreed with it.

It is my intention to only work mondays wednesdays and fridays in the final weeks, and then I am going to have five weeks off (mainly over the xmas period) until the birth. This means not having to work more than one day in a row for quite some time!

I have worked out that I am only working properly full time until about week 30, which pleases me quite a bit.

Only nine more weeks of a full 5 day week and then I am technically part-time!

I used alot of my hols earlier this year as we went to the dom rep and am going away next weekend. But I still have 5 days so my official last day is the 25th Nov, I then have a weeks hols and mat pay kicks in on 5th Dec which is just over a month before my little one arrives. So only 10 weeks and counting I cant believe how quickly time has been passing its crazy.

Some days it seems like it is passing quickly. Other days it seems like it is dragging (like if I have a bad headache or can't walk quickly because my bump hurts).

I'm not wishing it away though. I am totally dreading the sleep deprivation bit and would like to keep the baby inside me forever!

Just found out I can use my annual leave before I go on mat leave! Which means I can leave so much earlier!!!! Im having a few snags with work at the mo where they keep chopping and changing their mind about the hrs I can do when I go back nxt yr. Its been a bloody nightmare and Im getting stressed again :( Went to personnel yesterday who said work hasnt got a leg to stand on and they are willing to fight for me if the s**t hits the fan, but Im worried that work will start getting nasty and push me out that way if personnel get involved :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back