Samuel is asleep during the day! Miracle!

Sarah W Baby Belly

Reaction score
This is unbelievable really, but samuel is asleep again during the day!

My god! Its a miracle! I don't know what to do with myself and keep looking at him, waiting for him to wake up!

I don't know myself today!

This is the second sleep he has had today! Blimey!!!!!!!!!!

I've cooked a nice dinner and allsorts! :D

Wow, that's great. Do you have any tips as Seren still thinks sleep is a no no during the day

He really fights it and tries to make out that he has painful wind or is hungry or something, but I have now figured out that he is in fact just fighting his urge to sleep!

So i wrap him up in a blanket and hold a dummy in his mouth until he goes off. Sounds awful doesn't it? Needs must! He definitely won't go off in his cot.

Check this out! This was him 10 minutes ago! I've even found the time to take a photo of him! What a wierd day I am having! :lol:

000_0124.jpg

Lol Sarah, it doesn't sound awful. that's what happens with Seren and it is hard work. Will give it a go. Samuel looks adorable in that photo :D

In contrast though, he sleeps beautifully at night!

He has only ever woken up once for a feed since birth!, so at least I have the energy for the demanding day shift!

:D

Thanks Beanie

They always look like angels when they are asleep don't they?

Its a shame that he is clutching on to that muslin cloth. i can't seem to get it off him, so I am having to check on him every 30 seconds to see if he has suffocated himself. :roll:

Awww bless...it's a lovely photo too!

Muslin cloths for the burping on are brillliant aren't they? I have soooo many of them and we still run out!

Sue

Unfortunately Samuel normally vomits straight over the top of the muslin cloth (no matter where I position it), so I know have to use a towell for feeding as well.

On the bright side the breastfeeding is going reeeeally well at the moment. Long may it continue!

On the bright side the breastfeeding is going reeeeally well at the moment. Long may it continue!

Fantastic :clap: :dance:

I'm loving it too now, can't imagine giving it up anytime soon!

Hi Kina

Its so wonderful when the breastfeeding clicks into place.

We had a lot of traumas in the beginning, but I love it now.

I even look forward to the long cuddles now and will miss it when it stops

:)

Sarah he looks sooo peaceful! - I cant beleive he has only woken once in the night even when he was first home!! I have never heard of that - you lucky thing!!!!

I would much rather sleep at night than try and catch up in the day!!!

L x

Sarah - meant to say that, thats exactly how Heidi is at night time from 7.00pm onwards (trying to fight sleep) :shock: - when I try a dummy she does retching as if she is choking on it (and I know shes not!!!)

I think that it is wind with her though as she trumps loads and goes very red in the face. Poor little mite.

Just put her bed now and she's fell asleep the little :angel:

L x

Sarah - any way you can get Samuel on MSN to have a wee chat with my Olivia? :wink: He can give her some nightime sleep hints! :)

Really pleased for you hun, hopefully it'll all click into place for us too soon :pray:

Lucy x

Its wierd but I did suspect that he might enjoy sleeping at night because he did it when I was pregnant.

I am the only person I have heard of who had a baby who slept in the womb during the night. I could get up a dozen times for the loo and he wouldn't stir at all!

Sometimes he would have a long lay in and not start kicking me until 10am!

He would be quite active in the evening and as soon as my head hit the pillow, he would go all quiet and fall asleep himself!

Long may it continue!

:D

Sarah - :D - that is great. Thinking about it Heidi used to kick me loads at night so I should of known what was to come!!..... :eek: :shock: :eek: :shock: :eek:

L x

Sarah W Baby Belly said:
I am the only person I have heard of who had a baby who slept in the womb during the night. I could get up a dozen times for the loo and he wouldn't stir at all! :D

Youre not, I was the same!!

In fact Rubie hardly kicked at all, maybe that's why she sleeps so much now.

In fact I'm gonna start a thread on personality in the womb versus personality now...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back