samples for midwife

heles7

Reaction score
I know at the hospital there are signs everywhere saying you must bring a urine sample to each visit and there is a big tub on the front desk where you help yourself to a container but what about for the midwife at the GP's surgery?

Last time I went I didn't take one but she expected me to have one but I never even thought to ask for a container when I left. Whats the drill ladies?

I have to bring a sample with me each time I see the midwife. She gave me a pot which she gives back to me to reuse. (Really stingy I think, my old midwife down south used to give me a new one each time).
You can buy the pots in most chemists if you don't have one, or a lot of doctors will keep them at reception for you to collect (though my gp surgery makes people buy them at the chemist)

thats so stingy!

think if they tell me to go and pay in the chemist, they'll be getting it in a jam jar from home :lol:

i was given one hun
maybe ask your doctor if they have one you can have :)
manda xx

Can I just recommend though that you don't drink lots of apple juice before you pee for the sample :D

Yep, guess who did ! When I gave her the sample my pee looked more like apple juice than pee - and it showed up some glucose too! :roll: :wall: :rotfl:

So next time, I'm on water only for the day before and the day of the appointment to ensure that it's not glucose and just overdosing on apple juice!! :dance:

Each time ive been to have a scan they gave me a cradboard dimond shapes cups to pee in for a sample with my name wrote on the lip. At the midwife appointment i was given a cup to use. No one has ever saked me to bring one to them. Thank god id hate to have to carry it around yuck!. :oops: It diffrent everwhere by the sounds of it NHS is not consistent in anything it does. I can tbelive you had to provide your own container that NHS financial cut backs going a bit far. :?

at my surgery they send you over the road to buy a post from the chemist!!

I thought it was only my midwife who gave you the pot back to be re-used. I still bin it, theres no way Im storing a used urine sample pot lol. I buy them from boots.

My midwife gives me a bottle each time or I can grab one from the GP's reception.

I got a load of pots at my booking appointment and I have to take a sample in at every appointment

Hi

My colleague's husband works for a medicine firm and she has given me about 50 specimen bottles, so if anyone wants some PM me and i'll post you a few.

Oh my 1st midwife appointment is on Wed and she is coming to my house should I have wee sample ready?

Mx

mine never even told me i would need to bring a sample, it was only from reading it on here, and luckily i already knew you have to buy your own at my surgery

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back