Shared care...

BabysMomma

Reaction score
Well, according to an info sheet I was given at my booking in appointment about what appointments I need to make etc, I'm due one now (between 25/26 weeks), so I called GP surgery today and explained what I needed appointment for and the receptionist asked if I'd seen the surgery midwife yet?

I didn't even know that I had to see the surgery midwife!! I just thought it was my usual doctor who would check my urine sample, BP, weight etc inbetween visits to the hospital midwife. So the receptionist explained that the midwife is only there on Tuesdays and is booked up until 24th May!! So, I'm off to the docs tomorrow for goodness knows what haha, and I won't see the surgery midwife until over a months time.

If only they'd make things clearer...suppose I didn't ask but why would I? Ach a well.

Oooh miust remember to bring my notes to work with me as my appointment is for straight afters...and I don't wana get told off for not having them :lol:

I agree babysmomma, I don't think they make these things very clear at all. They just expect you to know evertything even if it's your first.

Please do remember you notes, don't want you getting a lecture like I did! xx

I think its amazing that each docs surgery seems to work so different. When i told the doc i was pregnant the first thing she said was you need to make a appointment to see the midwife.
I did and i have not seen a doc since all my appointments have been with my surgery midwife

It is very odd I had to see midwife at 16 weeks, doc at 25 weeks, then I have to see midwife again at 28. Mine goes doc then midwife then doc back and forth lol x

I agree that they don't make things clear and just expect you to know somehow!! I missed some early midwife appointments because I thought the midwife/hospital would book them and I'd get a letter through - wasn't told it was up to me to book them!! xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back