midwife question!

Jadie

Reaction score
hi girls, How many time have you seen your midwifes?? I am going for the 16 week scan on monday, to check the spine ect!

but I am surpose to have been to see the local midwife aroung this time too??

I am very confused about whats surpose to happen to me and when!!!

i have only had one blood test so far and no urine samples!!

HAve I missed a appiontment, do the midwifes contact me when its time for a check up?

I have got myself really worried now!!

Hi Jadie,

I have seen my midwife twice so far: once at 8 weeks, and once at 16 weeks; she took a urine sample each time, and the first time, she took some blod to check group and rhesus, and if I suffer from aenemia, level of iron, etc... and the second time, to check for Downe syndrome.

I can understand why you are getting worried and if I were you, I would definitely give her a call or to my surgery just to check with them why you have not heard from her! Mine told me that forthe Downe syndrome for eg, the good time is 14/16 weeks, but not really later.
I have also had 2 scans so far and my next one is for the 20th week one, on the 5th of October.

Finally, it's my midwife who books me in, I don't have to request, nor has my GP, she handles it all.

Give them a call, and if you are worried about something, go to A&E, I have been twice, and they have always checked my urine and blood.

good luck :)

Mel xx

Hiya, I have the downs syndrome test and scan tomorrow, that will be in the 16th week, so I will ask them tomorrow if I should I have seen someone else by now!

I hate not knowing whats going on!

Thanks for your help!

Hi Jadie

Ive seen my midwife every 4 weeks since i was 8 weeks pregnant. I listened to the heatbeat at 16 weeks and will hear it at every appointment now, ive also had urine tested since 16 weeks. My midwife also said from 28 weeks i have to see her every 2 weeks. Ive not had any problems in my pregnancy so i just thought this was standard.

Hope this helps

I have a scan appointment at the hospital tomorrow so maybe thats when I will get the chance to hear the heart beat! I was reading in the march baby club and alot of people have heard the heart beats just recently. thats whats made me panic and believe I have missed something important!!

Did you hear the heartbeat at the hospital when you were 16 weeks?

When my midwife booked me in at 8 weeks , she wrote down when to contact for an appointment and who with:

12 weeks - went for a scan
16 weeks - saw midwife
20 weeks - went for a scan
24 weeks - saw GP
28-weeks - saw midwife
31-weeks - saw midwife

My blood has been tested twice, once on booking in and again at 28 weeks, my urine has been tested at every visit.

I heard the heartbeat at 16 weeks, its amazing!!

Natalie x

I have only seen my midwife once last week at my booking in appointment, she took blood and a urine sample. I will see her next at 19 weeks.

My question is do i have to book the next app or will she phone me? She didnt give me a date at the last appointment. :?

Well I have had to call for all my appointments and had to book about 2 weeks in advance, so would be a good idea to make an appointment 2 weeks before you are 19 weeks.

Natalie x

well, here is an update of whats happening to me!!

Went to hospital today, took blood to do the downs sceening. I did not get a scan, or a urine sample taken but she weighed me!

thought I was having a scan today as well as blood tests!

I have been told the appointment at 16 weeks is optional, but I have booked appointment as want to know everything is going ok, I have not got a bump yet, so thats playing on my mind too!!

Also my dates on my notes dont match up, I am either 16 or 17 weeks according to who I saw today!!!!

thanks for your help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back