Same initials for siblings?

Slb24

Reaction score
So as far as I can tell this is a marmite thing.

But who uses the same initials for siblings? And who hates it?

Both me and my sister have names beginning with S and so does my dad.

I quite like it. But I can't decide what's best.

Plus my daughter is called Emilee and I can't think of many nice boys names beginning with E. we don't know what we're having yet.

Any ideas?

So far I like Elijah and Elis for a boy.

For a girl I love E names;
Elise
Evelyn
Evie
Eva
Elle
And probably many more!

Thanks xx

I definitely would agree this is a Marmite subject! :)

My SIL will only use E names for her babies as her first is called Evie, her second is called Erin and she's now having her third who she's naming Ella. (If she had a boy she was going to call him Elliott!)

In my opinion, it's hard enough picking names as it is without making it more difficult by keeping within a certain letter, I also think it's more individual. But that's just my opinion! On the other hand, they're all beautiful names and it's what YOU want :) I love the name Elise! That's my fav out of your list! xxx

I didnt pick an initial as such, but Jackson's initials are his dads backwards. So his dad is DJA Jackson is JDA.

The next baby will be again a surname, but his initials will most probably be CWA. My initial is C.

I think it depends how far you are willing to take it. Personally Id like 2 max having the same initial - I always think its a bit of a piss take with all the K's in Kardashian family but then I dont mind say 1 or 2 with the same initial.

Its really personal preference too.

If you like it go for it.

xxxx

I don't like it as in our family it has always caused issues with post and the wrong people opening it. I still have this problem as I now have the same initials as my FIL and we do occasionally get post to the same address. My husband had the same initials as his mum and that caused loads of problems too. Different all the way for us if we ever have a baby!

Mine and my daughters names begin with E and if I ever had another girl it's likely hers would to because I just love loads of E names. I didn't do it on purpose with my first but when I think about it now I like it

I think if I had a boy it would probably be different as oh would want to have more say in a boys name but I do like Edward. Go with what you like

It's not for me.

I'm a bit odd in that if I had twins I'd want them to have names beginning with the same letter, but for siblings of different ages I would always go for a different letter.

My daughter's name begins with K and there are a couple of names I like that begin with K (Kiara and Kieran) but will use them as a middle name rather than a first name.

Only funny thing is my 9yr old's initials are KPD and one of my chosen names for this baby is PKD. I didn't plan it like that I just chose names I liked and it just happened to be the same initials just different order.

I don't think I'd go out of my way to pick names with the same initials (always wondered if that caused some issues when you got bank statements in etc?). However, Lo and I both have names that begin with A and if we have another both girl and boy name choices for us begin with an A so we would end up with same initials x

Definitely marmite subject!

My sister in law had 2 girls beginning with A, then she had a son and the name she'd always loved started with A so she then had 3 of them. When she got pregnant with her 4th she said she wasn't having an A name but got such a backlash, she started it so couldn't now have 3 As then the poor 4th child not having that name. She ended up so limited and picked a name she maybe didn't love!

I agree with ells, it's hard enough without limiting yourself. I'd have 2 beginning with the same letter but if I ever had a third I'd stop it. I think it's too much! My nieces/nephews with the As I get their names mixed up all the time!

My son's wee friend is a girl and her name is Ellis, I love that. Think it's so different for a girl. Also really like it for a boy! My son is adamant he wants Esme if we have a girl.

Also like
Elena
Eliza
Eadie
Eden
Erin
Ella (think elle doesn't go as nicely with Emilee? )
Or you could go with something like Aoife which is pronounced eefa so you'd have the E sound but spelt why A :) (this was most likely going to be our sons name)

Boys are harder, not many nice E boys names lol
Ethan
Evan
Eliot
Ezra

Xx

Last edited:
I'm Sam, my mum was Sue. So when post starting coming for S <Surname>, who was it for? You couldn't always trust the title to be right.

I wouldn't have the same initial for siblings and am avoiding mine and OH's initial for our little one for the above reason.

Thank you :) yes post was always confusing in our house with 3 of us having the same initials! But I really like the thought of it lol

We have pretty much fell in love with the E girls names. But haven't for a boy. So I think depending on the sex we may or not follow the E theme. Personally I wouldn't choose a name I didn't love. But we have time to find names and love them yet!

Our daughter was named 5 minutes after I had her using a name we had spoke about months ago but agreed it wasn't it the running! Haha she was originally to be a lily but she really didn't suit it!

So I think we will just choose a name randomly once we see baby anyway xx

All my four boys begin with J and only one with a middle name, sometimes wonder how we ended up with all j's for them. This baby is definatly not gonna be a J lol xx

Same initals are fine until the post comes! spokken from experience lol! I like Elise by the way!

I really liked the name Clara for baby 2, but we already had a Caitlin so didn't want another C name. So personally I avoided it. However, hubby is Adam, with sister Amy & brother Andrew! They were called the A team growing up :lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back