Hubby no help

Tracey M

Reaction score
Hi my hubby was no help with names last time and I ended up in hospital for 2 days without naming my son - I had a baby name book given to me to help decide. Absolutely no input fron hubby at all!! I named him Joshua Alexander....

So same problem again but this time I would like to at least be a bit more prepared. I'm team yellow so here is what I think so far. Oh and my hubby catholic so everyone has biblical names - Joseph, Michael, Peter & Joshua

Boys:-
Jayden
Nathan
Elijah
Jacob (but then my kids would be Jake and Josh - is that not a kids programme?? Also think my sisters's hubby's sister has kids called Jake and Josh which would mean my nieces would have 2 sets of first cousins with same name)

I'm leaning towards Jayden cos its not biblical ha ha. Middle name would be my hubby's so Jayden Joseph (JJ) ??

Girls:-
Eva
Iona
Evangeline
Santina
Naomi

I'm liking Eva but just cos I love the film Wall-E ha ha.

Oh my surname is Mendy so you can think what goes best. I'm also very much open to suggestions please??

I've got about 11 weeks to decide......

I like Nathan, Iona and Naomi. Though I am the last person to ask as I haven't a clue what to call my child. We already had a girl's name but still can't come up with a boy's name so I often trawl this section waiting for 'the one' to hit me :)

I like Jayden and Jacob out of your boys and Eva from your girls. Were struggling aswell Tracey, we know hes a boy but its really not made it easier!! x

It's Drake and Josh thats a kids programme, so jake would be fine :) xx

Elijah! Love it!
For a girl I think Naomi, if Noa was a girl it would been naima, close!

I like Eva and Iona for girls :) love Nathan! xxx

Last edited:
Boy: Love Jayden!

and like flugel said its Drake and Josh, so Jake and Josh would be fine!

Girl: Love Eva!

Hi Tracey, I have to say I think Jayden is awful, really american, but I absolutely love Elijah! Such class.

All your girls names are nice, I think E-va from Wall-E would be so sweet

Hi there,

I loved the biblical boys names when I was looking for my LO. My favourites were Caleb and Nathaniel, the latter of which OH absolutely hated (he said it was laugable) but I secretly still love it! We're going with Caleb, which is in the bible but perhaps not as well known as the Jacobs and Joshuas of the world. I definitely love the biblical boys names the most, and I'm not even Christian!

As for the girls names, I absolutely love Evangeline. And Santina is lovely, I've actually never heard of it! My girls name was Cadence, but OH and I decided we wouldn't discuss names until we knew what we were having, so we didn't, and so he still doesn't know about Cadence! Now we've decided on Caleb though, if we have a daughter next, she won't be Cadence because I think they're too similar...

You have some really gorgeous names, and I'm sure you'll pick a great one! Men are useless though and never any help with things like this!!!

xx

I love biblical names (I have a Daniel and a Joshua so I'm a bit bias), do agree that Jayden is a bit American (britney spears' son) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back