'Safe' Low fat diet

lulu

Reaction score
Hi,

I was rushed into hospital early hours of friday morning with abdominal pains, got home today.
Apparently its my Gall Bladder. I asked what I could do to prevent it happening again (felt like a heart attack ) and they adviced a low fat diet.
It may happen again anyway and I may need surgery but this would help.

Anybody have any tips on how to go about this as I know you have to be careful if breast feeding.
Anyone know of any healthy eating plans or good web pages???

You can do Weight Watchers if breastfeeding, you get an extra 10 points each day (if you know the WW plan this will make sense!). However it's as low fat as you make it as you can eat whatever you want as long as you stay within your points allowance.

Sorry Lulu I have no tips but just wanted to say hope you feel better soon and that you avoid surgery. x

Rosieroo is right........ you get the extra points if BF'ing (bonus!!! :wink: )
I used to be a Weight Watchers Leader in Edinburgh. :shock: :D (those were the days)Now that Oscar is nearly 6 weeks old, I'm getting back on track!

You need to avoid foods ie. choccie, ice-cream, pies/pastries, crisps and fried foods if your gall bladder is bugging you! Put 5 days aside of eating lots of fruit, low fat yoghurt and skinless chicken breasts with veggies. You'll feel a huge difference!

Hope you feel better soon
Emilia xx

Sorry Lulu I have no tips but just wanted to say hope you feel better soon and that you avoid surgery. x
Thanks Beanie!

You can do Weight Watchers if breastfeeding

Thanks for the advice but I refuse to join any slimming club as I dont believe in them (I'll leave it at that) plus I cant afford it!

My partner eats healthily but I just thought if I found something, I could get a better idea of what foods are best!

Dont think I could ever give up chocolate or biscuits but I could live with it in moderation (I think) :lol: :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back