Polyp advice??!!(sorry very long)

jools221181

Reaction score
Hello everyone!! Hope you are all doing fine!! Just looking for any advice if anyone has been in a similar situation to this?
Well up until 25 weeks I have had a trouble free pregnancy! At 25 weeks I had some bleeding, the midwife sent me to hospital as my placenta was low lying, where they said to just come back if it got worse as it had stopped by the time we got there! I started bleeding again at 30 weeks and they did a speculum(sp?)and said there was a polyp on the cervix. They took some swabs and said to go back if it started again! Well a week later on new years eve I started bleeding quite heavily and they said to get straight there again!! They examined me again and had another look at this polyp and said they wanted me to stay in.
The next day the dr said he would reccomend me having steroids to help develop the babies lungs as he was worried it wasnt the polyp and may be the placenta :shock: I had the steroid injections and a scan the next day revealed it wasnt the placenta as it wasnt low lying anymore :cheer:
So three days later they let me come home but have got to go back at 35 weeks to see if this polyp has grown so much that it may affect a natural birth!!
Has anybody had this happen before and what was the outcome? I'm trying not to worry too much as to be honest I dont mind how he gets here as long as he gets here safe!
Whats also worrying me is at our 4d scan at 29 weeks we were told he was measuring to be 32 weeks and at the scan at 31 weeks he was measuring 34! (From my dates this would work out to be right but I trust them better than myself!!) But nobody has mentioned it so I'm probably worrying over nothing!!
So sorry to go on I'm just rambling now but any advice would be appreciated (I know you lot are great at advice :wink: )

sorry i dont really know anything about it but i just wanted to give you a :hug: and hope that someone else can give u some advice xx

Thanks for your reply! After reading my post back I realised there isn't really anything anyone could give advice on!! But it felt a little better having a whinge about it!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back