Safe exercise

Discussion in 'Baby & Toddler' started by Tiny Sue, Feb 19, 2006.

1. Tiny Sue

Tiny Sue Well-Known Member

Hey girls!

I will get in touch with a physiotherapist, but I wondered what it's safe to do now that I am six weeks post section? I've had a little infection at one end of the wound which closed up in the last couple of days but the scar in general tends to ache when I am tired.

Are sit-ups recommended yet? And general abdominal massage?

I walked four miles this evening and I'm wrecked. Is it safe to push myself like that?

WHEN can I go swimming????And use the jacuzzi?

Sue

2. Strangeness

Strangeness Well-Known Member

I think you can swim but I waited a little while before doing any extreme exercise! I couldn't even do sit ups at one point because my body just wouldn't let me so I didn't force it! I did little bits here and there to get me started and not strain my muscles too much because they are still healing so pulling them too much could do some damage! It's only just now that you should be gradually able to put some washing out and hoover but still not loads! I had a section 5 months ago and now feel comfortable enough to do some sits ups but I do more fat burning exercise. Don't rush it hun you've got plenty of time to get back in shape and you've had a major op!

3. minikins

minikins Well-Known Member

You can swim for sure but any strong abdominal exercise you have to be careful, check with your doc or hv before you start a programme :)

4. Tiny Sue

Tiny Sue Well-Known Member

I wasn't allowed to swim because of the infections, wasn't even allowed to take a bath, just showers for me... :(

Will take Naomi for a check up during the week, and ask doc then.

Sue

5. minikins

minikins Well-Known Member

Yep always best to check with Doc - they all say different things to diff people depending on the circumstances etc.