Safe cold / flu remedies?

pigletpoo

Reaction score
Does anyone know what is safe to take as I have an absolutely stinking cold! I'm am worried about what i can take. I have heard paracetamol is safe, so I was thinking lemsips might be ok?

Any help gratefully recieved! thanks xxx

While your in your first Tri there is NOTHING you can take as i found out the hard way! Unless its an infection in which case you can have antibiotics from your doc, aside from that babe the only thing i can suggest is paracetemol and a spoon full of honey in a mug of boiling water and some fresh lemon squeezed into it.
Lemsips are a definate no no as they contain codine and you cannot take any for of it.

Sorry chicken, hope you feel better soon :hug:

im getting a horrible cold also, but wasnt sure what to take. ive just been drinking warm honey and lemon and thats it... hope it goes away soon!

I think you can take paracetamol but you had better check.

Sarah

I had a cold and the chemist said baiscally there is nothing you can take - not even vick on your chest or lockets! You can have vick in a steam inhalation, and plenty on homemade honey and lemon (not lemsips). She said you could take paracetamol if you were desparate, but wasn't keen to recommend. My husband went to ask the chemist (i was rolled up in my duvet all weekend) and got me 4 Cadburys cream eggs instead!! I had to admit they did cheer me up a bit. I got pleanty of rest and kept warm and feel much better for it today.
IT will pass - hope you feel better soon.
:hug:

i too felt like this last week and was told you cant have paracetemol in the first trimester. i drank hot lemonade and vick in steaming water was ok other than that i just slept and slept. hope you feel better soon!!! xxxxxxx

Thanks everyone.

I am a bit worried now as i took a couple of lemspis the night before i put this post in, then only had second thoughts afterwards.
I asked my doctor when I first went to confirm my PG, and she definately said paracetamol was ok to take - and even laughed when i said I hadn't taken any for my headaches!

I hope I havnt risked my baby, I had a horrible dream last night that I miscarried again. :cry:

Thanks again for your replys

Piglet x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back