Rusks...

munchkin1982

Reaction score
when did you start your little ones on these?

Layla is almost 3 months old now and she is well into the teething process bless her. Constant chewing on hands and dummy etc.

I was told by a couple of people to start her off on some rusks as they are great for teething babies but although we bought some last night, I'm kind of worried that she is still too young for "food".

What do you think? And when did you start giving your LO's things to try? Does that 1 month really make a difference? (says from 4+ months on pack - they are the Farleys ones) xx

Last edited:
we got told not to give rusks as they are a glorified biscuit.....it has nothing to it but sugary stuff and therefore if we wanna give fingers food of any sort to carrot sticks or cucumber sticks or even rice cakes... try her on them........or maybe try a carrot stick? she wont eat them as such just gum them anyway so its not so much your startin weaning etc........but its up to you....if you feel its not quite right dont do it?? or maybe try it and ee what happens??

sorry if its not much help!?

Although this is my first baby, I've seen my mum through her last 2 and I would agree that rusks are quite sugary...I have eaten them myself (lol I actually quite like them)..

You could try bickiepegs...They arn't very sweet, and dissolve really slowly too in babies mouth so can keep them happy for ages...Plus they aren't too "foody" if you know what I mean xx

http://www.boots.com/en/Bickiepegs-Teething-Biscuits-38g_983881/

They are reccomended from 6 months, but my mum gave them to hers at 3 or 4 months for teething. Just need to watch they dont try to put the whole thing in their mouths lol x

thanks girls... will certainly be looking into this. i tried Layla on one earlier but she didn't really like it! I think I might try her on the cucumber though - that's got to be great for the cooling aspect of things at least AND she'll be getting some goodness too ;-) xx

I bought a teething ring that goes in the fridge. Really seems to help Blake and was only a couple of quid.

I bought a teething ring that goes in the fridge. Really seems to help Blake and was only a couple of quid.

i was going to suggest this too!!!! my lo loves it! we just got one that makes squeeky noises too so he can play, chew & chomp at once!!!! bless!

yeah... i've got a couple of teethers for her but she's not getting the hang of them yet. best thing i've found so far is just to "fridge" her dummies lol xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back