Runny Yolk

l_maclean

Reaction score
I really want a roll with fried egg for lunch. Made bacon n eggs for the kids at work, now its all i cant think about.

I know that technically im not supposed to have this - but does anyone know how high the risk of salmonella is - i thought eggs were all stamped/appproved in the UK??

Would you do it??

My midwife said if it's stamped and fresh it's ok! I don't have it often just in case but once in a while why not?

Thanks pinky. I did compromise and go for a medium egg. Glad to know I can indulge now and then.
Xxx

Im craving them lol, like Pinky my mw said as long as you know its fresh theres no harm, think they go through so many strict guidelines these days theyre pretty safe, upto you but i have done last week think i had one every day! xxx

I think as long as the White is fully cooked your fine!! I find frying mine in frylight is good because there's no oil to cook te yolk too quick iykwim xx

Oh i ate a runny egg just before i found out i was preg, it was lovely. Im too scared to eat anything. I could just eat one now. i wont even eat cornettos or mayonaise in a jar! Freak i am lol xx

I'm the same as you Charlie - am paranoid about not eating the 'wrong' things... it's a bit of a nightmare!

I am just silly, my friend is preg and she was eating mayo the other day, i was OMG!! STOP!! lol x

Mayo that's shop bought is perfectly fine. I've had loads of it. It's fresh made Mayo you got to watch out for.xx

I thourghly enjoyed my eggs today. I coouldnt live without mayo. lol. But theres def no probs with the shop bought stuff.

xxx

I wouldn't risk it, rather safe than sorry. Although eggs fine if yolks hard, try fryin both sides, scrambled or hard boiled. Yummm!! Keep away from home made mayo too, although ur one lucky girl if someone makes you homemade mayo for ur sandwiches! Lol!!! X

I have been having runny eggs right through this pregnancy and my previous one too. I had a fried egg and bacon sarni for lunch yesterday too...yum, lush!!

I've also made pasta carbonara with egg yolks only cooked by the heat of the pasta.

Eggs are so safe now the risks are extreamly minimal.

I have the occasional runny egg....as long as its lion stamped I wouldnt have it if I was out and about incase it is free range or fresh from a farm etc

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back