Running out of time

Emma58

Reaction score
I'm getting stressed now :x we have so much to finish off in the house before baby is due.

On Saturday a joiner was supposed to be coming and fitting new internal doors but he rang last minute and cancelled (but he's coming today instead!), the living room floor is un even and needs sorting out before we can have our new carpet fitted (we currently have just floorboards), we need all new skirting boards fitting and I'm waiting for delivery of a new settee.

I'm now hoping bub holds in there until after his due date so we can get everything finished.

You a busy bee at the mo
I hopethat your bubba dose stay put till you've finished.
sarah :wave: :wave:

You'll be alright - things will just have to wait if babs comes early - I'm sure you wont even notice the floor if they do! Are you feeling ok today or still crappy? I'm not too bad so far. :hug:

The floods certainly do have a lot to answer for all the workmen you need are really busy.
I wouldn't mind but OH is a Joiner by trade but he is at work full time and really doesn't have much spare time left to do all these things so we thought the better option would be to pay someone to do it (thinking it would be quicker :roll: )
He had better turn up today otherwise I will go beserk :evil:

Loz - I'm not feeling too bad today thankyou :hug: how are you?

I'm ok so far, my brain seems to be working normally and no period pain yet! Dont know whether to be glad that I'm getting these symptoms as it is prep for labour or not! :think:

I can totally sympathise with you!! We have been having a bathroom and kitchen refit since 27th Feb!! They promised it would be finished by good friday so I could get on with decorating the bedroom ready for baby, but the work isnt finished yet!! OH and I have started on the bedroom anyway over the holiday and the house is completely upside down!! We have a 2 bedroom house and my 2 share a room and OH's kids visit on a weekend!! Ive been sleeping on the sofa and the kids have all been camping downstairs with me!! Can't bring a baby home to this!! Ill go crazy!!

Hope things look up for you shortly, I hate workmen at mo!! (My OH is joiner by trade too!!)

soulem said:
I can totally sympathise with you!! We have been having a bathroom and kitchen refit since 27th Feb!! They promised it would be finished by good friday so I could get on with decorating the bedroom ready for baby, but the work isnt finished yet!! OH and I have started on the bedroom anyway over the holiday and the house is completely upside down!! We have a 2 bedroom house and my 2 share a room and OH's kids visit on a weekend!! Ive been sleeping on the sofa and the kids have all been camping downstairs with me!! Can't bring a baby home to this!! Ill go crazy!!

Hope things look up for you shortly, I hate workmen at mo!! (My OH is joiner by trade too!!)

:hug: :hug: I feel bad complaining now poor you having to sleep on the settee :shock:
It is a complete nightmare though isn't it?

It sure is a nightmare!! What gets to me though is no matter how much you tell the workmen that 'THERE IS A BABY ON THE WAY!!' they still dont get their finger out and do some work!! I told one of the guys to leave the stuff here before the hol as I could get it done quicker than them!!!!

Telling them a baby on the way seems to slow them down IMO.

The joiner has just called me to say he is on his way i'm going to make it clear I AM DUE 2 WEEKS TODAY and hope he takes the hint.

Gonna crack the whip today :twisted:

Get cracking girl!!! Im just hoping labour doesnt start when Im on the sofa, not comfortable!!!

I can totally sympathise. I hate workmen now as well. We have been getting a bathroom fitted for three weeks now which should have taken one week and have had no shower for all that time, just a bath which DH has to help me in and out of, we were only supposed to be without the shower for 2 days but the new baths that are delivered keep having massive gouges out of them, we are now on our 3rd bath and still have no tiles round the walls so we have to be carfeul not to get the plasterboard wet for the new tiling. I have resorted to taking showers at the gym as I don;t feel clean after having a bath. It's been so stressful and we have had to chase them up every step of the way. I wouldn't mind but the bathroom is being fitted by a nationwide company - dolphin bathrooms - who knew I was pregnant when we ordered the bathroom. We could have put the bathroom in quicker ourselves.

Word of advice - never, ever get a bathroom from dolphin bathrooms, they have the worst customer care I have ever experienced and don't seem to give a crap about the fact that they have left us with inadequate washing facilities for near on a month!

Sorry - that turned into a rant!!!! Anyway, I'm off the the gym now as I can't wash in my own house unaided :evil: :twisted: :evil:

Hope you get something sorted today Emma :hug: , channel your pregnancy hormones and let them have it full throttle :lol:

soulem said:
Get cracking girl!!! Im just hoping labour doesnt start when Im on the sofa, not comfortable!!!

I tried to sleep on our sofa one night when I wasn't talking to OH and I managed about 3 hours. There is could no way manage night after night like you! I'd need a BIG sofa :D

soulem said:
It sure is a nightmare!! What gets to me though is no matter how much you tell the workmen that 'THERE IS A BABY ON THE WAY!!' they still dont get their finger out and do some work!! I told one of the guys to leave the stuff here before the hol as I could get it done quicker than them!!!!

I totally know what you mean hun :evil:

fifi211 said:
Hope you get something sorted today Emma :hug: , channel your pregnancy hormones and let them have it full throttle :lol:

If I channel all my preggo hormones he'll never come back :lol:

When he rang on Friday to cancel he got the sharp end of the stick then :rotfl:

:cheer: :cheer:

Something is actually getting done!!!

Downside - sawdust everywhere :(

Upside - When he's finished I can clean :cheer:

I hope it's finished soon, it's really annoying when the house is a tip and you can't tidy cos you know more mess will be made the next day. :hug: :hug: :hug:

I totally know how you feel. Our bedroom decorating is still going on and we're still sleeping in the living room on the hard lumpy sofa bed that kills my hips and back. There is just enough room in James room to walk to his bed and back, the rest is 5ft high with piles of ours and the babys stuff!

We were let down by so many joiners when trying to get quotes (not turning up, or if they did they'd not get back to us with the quote) so eventually OH decided to take the plasterboard wall down by himself. He's done a good job so far, it's painted and he's done some wiring, just need the carpet done now (which we bought yesterday) and some new skirting boards put on, hopefully it will be ready for wed when the wardrobes are being delivered :pray:

Poor OH will be knackered before the babys even here with working full time and doing diy every evening :lol:

Woo! Glad stuff is finally happening for you! :cheer:

Good job your baby didn't decide to come 2 weeks early, eh? :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back