Maybe this time?...

Alexandra84

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm new to this board and this is my first post :). My husband (45) and me (26) have been trying, well,.. not really actively trying just not using contraception, since July last year and in that time I've had two chemical pregnancies. Last month though we decided to really give it a proper go and soon after I started to feel a bit odd, first I got a little nausea, then my mood started going all over the place (it still is though I feel good most of the time) and my breasts started swelling and became sore about 2 weeks ago and I've now had to buy a bigger bra.

Anyway,.. I promised myself that, after my chemical pregnancies, I'd stay off the early pregnancy tests but yesterday I just couldn't help myself and got a bog standard one from the supermarket. It was positive (at 5 days before my period is due (!)) and the line was much more obvious than I'd ever had with the previous tests, I didn't have to look carefully or get a bright light or anything, it was definitely there.

Now though I've started to feel some odd kind of 'heaviness' sensation kind of similar to what I normally get the day my period starts and I'm getting worried that it might be another chemical pregnancy coming on :(. I'm trying not to think about it too much as my period is still 4 days away but it's hard and I don't want to get disappointed again... Anyone felt the same and had everything turn out just fine?

Hey :wave:

Welcome to PF :)

Sorry to hear about your previous pregnancies but am sure you've got a sticky one this time

Maybe because it's near when your period was due & as your understandably worried, the cramps may just feel a lil worse then what they are cos you are expecting the other outcome

I know it's hard but try to relax & stay calm, keep with positive thoughts

xxxxx

Thanks for the welcome :). I'm trying to stay calm and hoping for a good result. Still getting the odd panicky stressed out moments but to be honest that could just be from the stress of trying to finish my PhD corrections on time!

Oh hun, not surprised your feeling a little stressed with the PHD as well but well done you though :yay:

Have you spoken to your GP at all?

xxx

No, I have an underlying autoimmune disorder (in remission for more than 6 years now) but there's no way they'll be letting me off with just seeing the GP and a midwife. I've already been told me that if I get pregnant they'll be monitoring me every couple of weeks at the hospital to check if the pregnancy is setting off my immune system and whether I need treatment.

I've got a standard checkup and bloods appointment at the clinic tomorrow so I'll just tell them then, and if this one holds it'll be plenty of blood tests and scans from then on :oooo:.

Now, off to the gym (nothing like a bit of running to de-stress and clear the head :D)

Last edited:
Oh I see, that's lovely & reassuring that they will look after you though :flower:

What times your appointment tomorrow? Just so I know to keep an eye out for you post on how things went

xxxx

Yes, I look at it that way too :lol: and, as an extra bonus, the maternity group is co-supervised by my all time favourite consultant!

The appointment is at 10. I doubt they'll do anything drastic there and then, probably book me in with the maternity group and maybe do some blood tests. I'll post to let ya know how it goes though :).

Oh that's good then & I've got everything crossed that you've got a sticky lil bean :dust:
xxxxx

Hey there...... Just a quick one to say welcome to PF..!
Fx that it sticks for you. Amy xxx

Last edited:
Well, I'm back :wave:. Nothing unexpected happened, I'm still perfectly healthy :)D), and they ordered extra blood tests and a blood pregnancy test and booked me an appointment for March with their maternity clinic.

Then we had a chat about risks etc. the practical outcome of which was that they will want to see me once a month to check progress, and I get two extra scans to check that the placenta is developing ok and that there is no clotting.

Now I am just a little bit confused as to what to do if I'm still pregnant when I come back from holiday on the 19th. The clinic will send the result of the pregnancy test directly to my GP, so, do I still need to go and see her? Do they get in touch with you themselves? :eh:

PS - I did another test this morning and the line is getting stronger so I'm becoming more and more optimistic (Stick! Stick little bean!!) but still 2 days to go to the supposed start of my period... x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back