Routine and sleep

jennifer1981

Reaction score
My LO is just 3 weeks old and tends to wake every 3 to 4 hours (depending on how much feed he takes). In between though he is sometimes awake and we play etc.

When do they start sleeping longer?

Was about 8-10 weeks where Becky dropped a night feed and it's only been about 3 or 4 weeks since the evening feed went and she started sleeping in till about 6am rather than 4am. Go with the flow!

At that age, you just kind have to go with the flow. From 4 weeks, I could put corey to bed after a feed at 11, he would wake at 3, feed, sleep then wake and be up from 6am!! By 8ish weeks, mabey 9-10 weeks, he started going to bed at 8pm, droped the 11pm feed, and the 3am feed, wakes about 5am, feeds n goes straight back to bed till 8.

Seems this sleeping lark is much more to do with luck than any skill involved on my part :rotfl: you either get a sleeper, or u dont!!!

I wish you luck :p

All babies are different but Calleigh started to sleep through the night 9/10pm til 7am. However she has now started to wake again now throughout the nights for milk. She has now also dropped one of her daytime naps too, so she will only sleep for 2x40mins, one in the morning and one in the afternoon.

My advise is to go with the flow, he may or may not start sleeping for longer when he is a little older :)

I found that 3 months was a real milestone for Emms. We put her in her own room then and after 2 weeks of being in her nursery at night she slept all the way through the night! I read something to say that when a baby reaches 11 lbs they are more capable of sleeping through the night.

I think with a baby at 3 weeks old, it will take a while before they go through the night and every baby is different. My advice would be to just try and sleep as much as you can while the baby is asleep, day and night. Forget about housework etc, nothing else is as important as you getting kip.

At 3 weeks that is REALLY good!

Evie was around 7/8 weeks when she first slept 1pm-5am and now at 14 weeks she sleeps from 7pm to 7am- but don't expect much rest in the day! :D

yeh and just as you think youve got it cracked and they're guna continue sleeping through the night they get worse again! Ky had no concept of night or day until about 8 weeks. by 4 months old he was going to bed at half 7 and waking at 6. now at 7 months old he still goes to bed at 7.30pm but will wake at around 3am for a bottle and probably wake two times before that for me to put his dummy in his mouth and be wiiiide awake and ready to play at 6am on the dot!

The midwife told me not to let her sleep for more than 3 hours at a time during the day if I want her to sleep on a night. She hasn't got a routine yet though it's abit all over the place, sometimes she sleeps for only 45mins and stays awake for ages then others I wake her up after 3 hours and feed her and shes asleep again within minutes.

xJodieLoux said:
The midwife told me not to let her sleep for more than 3 hours at a time during the day if I want her to sleep on a night. She hasn't got a routine yet though it's abit all over the place, sometimes she sleeps for only 45mins and stays awake for ages then others I wake her up after 3 hours and feed her and shes asleep again within minutes.

I wouldn't bother waking her. When they're that small babies will sleep when they need to sleep and waking them up (well in my experience with Becky) will just serve to make them crankier. If she's asleep again minutes later she obviously needs it. I actually found/find that Rebecca sleeps *better* at night when she sleeps longer in the day (ha!) because she doesn't tend to fight sleep in the evening then.

Connie does 7.30pm to 7.30am with one feed at about 2am now, BUT she naps for 2 hours at lunchtime, an hour in the morning and an hour in the evening. Hmm, I have a sleepy baby.

However, she HARDLY SLEPT AT ALL for the first 2 months... :shock: :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back