sleep / feeding routine

ozzy

Reaction score
my LO is coming up to 3 months so fault i should get into some sort of routine i have done for a little while now but sometimes been waiting up untill midnight for his last feed ( to get 5 feeds a day in ) . he is quite a good sleeper i can feed him around 1000pm then bed and he normally wakes between 6-700am but sometimes if he wakes after 700am then his last feed at night is around 1100pm which means waiting around for him to wake and then me getting to bed around midnight. i just woundered what you all do and what routine u have? as i love it when baby wakes at 700-800am but i means his last feed is around midnight :wall:

My god I'd love it if my LO slept through until 7am! We usually put him upstairs to bed after his bath around 7-8pm and we'll feed him then. Then we'll wake him and feed him when we go to bed (between 10.30 and 11.30pm) and he'll wake then at 3.30-4.30am and again at 6.30-7.30am. We only get 4hrs uninterupted sleep; what I would give for 7hrs!

BTW my LO is coming up to 8wks.

Just curious, how much are you fedding ur LO at midnight? We're lucky if he'll take 4oz, even if we give him a small feed at 8pm. He usually has 5-6oz per feed during the day. Last night he took the full 6oz at 11.30am, then woke at 3.30am and 7.30am.

Hello,

Why don't you drop a feed but adjust how much your LO takes at each feed to ensure they are still taking the same amount of milk in a 24 hour period.

My little girl slept through the night (11pm - 6.30am) from 6 weeks old then I think it was around the stage your LO is at that I dropped to 4 feeds, increased oz's and shifted feeds to 4.5 hours in between.

So your LO would be feeding:

7.30am
12.00pm
4.30pm
9.00pm

And as shadow has said introduce a bedtime routine at last feed - bath, lights low, no talking etc.

This is how I done it and my LO has always slept through. Maybe i'm just very lucky lol :D

Hope this helps :hug:

Laura xx

Ella feeds at about 5.00, 9.00, 1.00, 5.00, 9.00 each day. We bath her at about 8.00, then give her a bottle (sometimes earlier than 9), then put her down awake and leave her to fall asleep. She then sleeps until about 5, feeds until 6 and sleeps again until about 8.

Saying that, some days she is totally different!

sass said:
Ella feeds at about 5.00, 9.00, 1.00, 5.00, 9.00 each day. We bath her at about 8.00, then give her a bottle (sometimes earlier than 9), then put her down awake and leave her to fall asleep. She then sleeps until about 5, feeds until 6 and sleeps again until about 8.

Saying that, some days she is totally different!

Where do I get a baby like that :shock: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

shadow said:
My god I'd love it if my LO slept through until 7am! We usually put him upstairs to bed after his bath around 7-8pm and we'll feed him then. Then we'll wake him and feed him when we go to bed (between 10.30 and 11.30pm) and he'll wake then at 3.30-4.30am and again at 6.30-7.30am. We only get 4hrs uninterupted sleep; what I would give for 7hrs!

Just curious, how much are you fedding ur LO at midnight? We're lucky if he'll take 4oz, even if we give him a small feed at 8pm. He usually has 5-6oz per feed during the day. Last night he took the full 6oz at 11.30am, then woke at 3.30am and 7.30am.

i feed him 5-6oz at every feed and the midnight feed he too sometimes only takes 4oz. i find that he will still go 7 hrs regardless of how much he takes. at 8 weeks he was going 5 hours and then it gradually increased to 6 and then just recently 7 hrs. your time will come!! but i never used to wake him for his last feed maybe cos u are waking your LO is not that hungry and then he is extra hungry at the 3.30 feed which is why your LO is not going longer than 4 hrs. hope im making sense ! i used to feed at 6,2,10,2,6 and he eventually slept through and dropped the 2am feed. xx

ozzy said:
shadow said:

i feed him 5-6oz at every feed and the midnight feed he too sometimes only takes 4oz. i find that he will still go 7 hrs regardless of how much he takes. at 8 weeks he was going 5 hours and then it gradually increased to 6 and then just recently 7 hrs. your time will come!! but i never used to wake him for his last feed maybe cos u are waking your LO is not that hungry and then he is extra hungry at the 3.30 feed which is why your LO is not going longer than 4 hrs. hope im making sense ! i used to feed at 6,2,10,2,6 and he eventually slept through and dropped the 2am feed. xx

sorry i meant 6,10,2,6,10

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back