sleep routine is going all wrong... help

Lisa_85

Reaction score
hiya

Issac is nearly 5months old and he is suddenly turning into a terrible sleeper, he used to be a buggerlugs through the day and i could always count on a easy going down for bed and sleeping until 5, dummy then sleeping between 7-8

i have always let him set his bedtme and it used to be 7bath and bed and now it 8 bath and bed. but he seems tired at 6ish but then perks up.

when he goes to bed he is no bother but now doesnt sleep through he is awake half 1, sometimes earlier and then every half hour to an hour for his dummy. im evening offering a feed through the night which he happily takes and drinks 7oz. but i cant feed him anymore through the day he feeds every 2hours (sometimes 3- if he is napping through) at least 7oz.

any advice would be great x

Last edited:
Omg Lisa I have just been through this with Stanley!! And I know of about 6 other babies of same age!! It must be a phase??? It's really annoying though lol I haven't slept properly for about 3 weeks :? Last night was first full night an ve this started!! I thought it was teething but im not so sure!! I've heard they go through a separation anxiety phase at this point?? I just literally went in popped his dummy in and then left may seem a big harsh bug didn't wZng him getting used to me picking him up if it's just a phase!!

I hope it all works put for you soon! We seem to be out the other side :) xx

Sorry I don't know what to suggest. Maybe try and keep him awake more in the afternoon. I know that's not easy, and then go back to bath at 6/7.

My LO is only 6 weeks so I don't know what babies are like at his age with sleeping in the day.

What I've been doing the last couple of days which may have helped is limit his naps! He now just has 2 naps. Have you started weaning? Is he on hungry formula yet? Maybe he is just hungry? If he's feeding 2 hourly during day he may just be a hungry boy :) Stanley gas 8oz of hungry formula every 3 hours!!! Xx

Have you started weaning yet?

They will start to change patterns when getting ready for weaning as they are needing more to fill them. Id up his milk for now offer him 8or 9oz just to see if he takes it all and fills up a bit more

ive gave him tasters but not weaned him onto set meal and he wasnt too fussed about much food either.

im expressing for him and my limit is 7oz per session, ill get some formula just incase he uses more in a day to what i can get out. im worried about restricting his naps as he get really grumpy when he is tired. he is having about 3x 1hour naps sometimes a 4thif he is really pooped.

x

My lo has naps in the day totalling 3 hours so I don't think daytime naps are the problem. Could be a growth spurt. I would perhaps try and top up with an oz of formula after each feed. Nw I know that is easy for me to say as I ff but I used to express until I couldn't keep up with her!

Fin went through this and I started giving him a formula top-up when we go to bed @10/11pm and that makes him sleep for a lot longer through the night :) it's been a god send for the sleep but my lazy boy now likes to be fed by bottle all the time so I flaf around with bf, expressing remaining and then bottle feeding him that....so time consuming!

Well i think it's a growth spurt! Fingers crossed anyway as he is drinking 9oz bottles today. I think formula will be needed as i only get out enough for the day. I'm feeling a cold coming on and it weeks to be effecting my milk supply too. Grr just when i need it most!

Forestlass- its a nightmare expressing i feel ur pain lol. Its so time consuming especially as Issac likes to be held its almost impossible to meet his demand. The things we do for our LO's. :) x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back