Rosieroo - where are you???

I have one of the freedom slings off the nice lady on ebay but I just can't take the weight of my little elephant in it anymore (he's nearly 19lbs) I've tried the sideways kind of hold (kind of on one hip) are there any others that might be better? No matter how I spread the fabric down my shoulder it really hurts and throws my spine off balance. Also I like the look of the stretchy fabric style ones but they seem to often have the baby's hands inside and Mel is just Mr Octopus at the moment- he lunges here and there grabbing so wouldn't I just get either a frustrated baby or sore hair? Lol! I loved carrying him when he was a newborn and didn't use his buggy for about 2 months but since then he has grown a lot and I have been sorting my posture out at Tai Chi class and I know that I used to stand with my belly out like I was pregnant still when I had him on a front hold so I'd like to find something that avoided that by distributing the weight a bit more.

Rosieroo- container gardening is great by the way! We have an allotment now but when we first moved in together we were renting a flat with no garden at all- just concrete. We grew chillies in troughs, carrots, lettuces, spinach, herbs and you can get varieties of baby tomato that tumble downwards out of a hanging basket and strawberries too. In fact it's a great way to grow as you can defend your plants better against slugs when they're off the ground a bit. It's a good way to get started anyway!

+++

are there any others that might be better? No matter how I spread the fabric down my shoulder it really hurts and throws my spine off balance.
I can still carry Ella ok in a pouch on one hip, but as you've been troubled with shoulder pain in might not be for you. I know that when she was tiny if I carried her in a pouch for too long (over a couple of hours) my shoulder that the fabric was stretched over would ache like anything. I'm a relative newbie to the sling world - Jo (Hillbilly) will probably be able to advise you better *shouts for Hillbilly* I think that a MT or a wrap might be better for you :D

And container gardening is something that I want to do! I want my own spuds!! :lol: Have spoken to DH about it and we are definately going to do it, but it's getting the time to get started :roll: He's still finishing our scrubby bit of turf from last year! :lol:

looks cool, take a photo of you wearing it and post it on here (am trying to decide which one to get still) :D

Rosebay - stretchy wraps are great but they can 'sag' which leads to back strain and poor posture for both you and your baby.

James is a wee thumper too. I have no idea of his weight - Iknow he is growing rapidly - and TBH even a MT is getting a bit of a struggle. I have opted for a Patapum. Its very like and Ergo (don't worry, links to both to follow). New generation Ergo's can carry on hip, back and front and weigth is distributed evenly over HIPS not your shoulders/back.

I would suggest one of these - they're about as expensive as a wrap £45.00 BUT last a LOT longer (age wise and size wise) IMHO

Ergo - http://www.ergobabycarrier.com/carrier.html
Patapum - http://www.littlepossums.co.uk/slings/soft-slings.htm#patapum_carrier

Kina - check out http://www.selfsufficientish.com (go to the forum) for hints and tips on container gardening if you're interested. (I'm Hillbilly on there)

You could also try this wrap method if you haven't before (and prefer a more traditional carrier)
jenn2.jpg

PS thats not me...

Hi guys
I'm so glad I've seen this post, I brought a lovely Murron's Pouch Baby Sling Carrier by Freedom Slings off ebay a day after Lily was born ( was waiting to see what colour I could buy lol).

any way I got it 2 days laterand couldn't wait to try it out. Lily loves it and it is so easy to use I use it everywhere we go, I've had loads of people come up a ask about it and some puzzling looks until people realise I'm carrying a baby.

The sling I have just slips over my shoulder like a shoulder bag and she slips in the front, it's so comfy and easy. I was a little concerned that maybe she could fall out until I used it, as her weight keeps the sling close to my body to help prevent that happening.

I can't tell everybody just how much I love mine and in my oppinion they are much better then the traditional carriers, will post a pic of mine when hubby gets back from work.

xSuzx

well here's me with lily in my sling

I'm not peed off just didn't relise pic was being taken
mysling.jpg

lily inside the sling
Picture067.jpg

Picture070.jpg

I had my sling made a little larger for me thats why it hangs abit low if you get smaller ones they will be higher up.

xSuzx

Definately, a thread would be great. The pics are great especially the one showing inside the sling, thanks suzx.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Currish
Back