Room sharing

lisa282

Reaction score
Hi Ladies

Just looking for a few opinions. For those of you who already have one or more child, do your kids share a room or would you ever consider them sharing a room? Our house is only 2 bedrooms and obviously we occupy one room with our son in the other. Now with another one on the way, we have no choice but to put both kids in together at some point in the future when the baby is a few months old.

We knew this would be the case and have never doubted the idea but now it is to be a reality I am getting worried about all the possible problems it could encounter. Will they wake each other up if one cries, will our older son poke at the younger one and try to get it to play when we are not there, what if they are different sexes? AAARRRRGGGHH!

Please help if any one has any advice I'd like to hear it!

Im sure you will manage.brothers and sisters can share rooms until they are quite old. Me and my brother had separate rooms but i was always sneaking into his room at night and sleeping on the floor. dont really have any advice but i will say this, my father in law is one of 10 and they all lived in a 3 bedroom house!

I havent got babies yet but as a child who shared a room with her little brother I can tell you I most certainly got him out to play. I used to climb in his cot, take him out and place him on the bedside table, get out then lower him onto the floor. We used to have great times. I was only 5 :lol: It does have its advantages though, I used to settle him when he cried, stick his dummy back in, give him a cuddle etc. As I was a girl I saw him as my baby but if you have a boy already Im not sure he'd be so maternal :think:

good luck whatever happens :hug:

xx

Well we've just bought a 2 bedroom house and found out I was expecting not long after we were offered it so once this baby is here they will have to share with my son. I keep thinking it would be easier if they were both boys but I don't see it being a problem if we have a girl. I shared with my brothers until I was about 8. The baby will be in with us anyway until it sleeps through so not to disturb my son in the night. It'll be fine :D

i have been having the same worry lately and been thinking about it loads, unless we move house before the baby, which in fact i dont see happening as i can't be botherd with the stress and i have just got the house decorated and just how i want it, after a year.
i have a 6 year old son and this one is going to have to share rooms, i have pictures in my head of it being a girl and having a wonderful pink nursey and its upsetting me that i'm not going to get my nursey.

we were going to put jess and joe in one room. Jess was quite pleased about sharing with her brother. We were going to paint 2 wall blue and 2 pink and get Joe a white bed the same as Jessicas.

Everybody is different but I couldn't bear the thought of putting my little boy in a nursery when he was born nearly 9 years ago. He slept in my bed with me until he was 9 months (contraversial, I know and I didn't have a partner of the time, so there was plenty of room). He decided he wanted to sleep in his own cot at 9 months (in my room) and wanted to move into his own room at 2. Hence, he never had a nursey as such.

This time around, we're planning on having the baby in with us until he or she sleeps through the night and then who knows! My son's room is barely big enough for one, so my OH is going to have to give up his study!

My Dad was one of 8 siblings and they grew up in a rather pokey three bedroom terraced. I don't know how my granny did it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back