sharing bedrooms??

x-kirsty-x

Reaction score
Our house is only 2 bedrooms and the smaller one (josh's room) is quite small anyway but when the baby comes its gonna have to share with him.

Im getting all worried, i mean we'll move eventually when the babys a bit older but not yet. Is anyone else in this situation? Is it ok for them to share a room? :? :?

ive only got a 2 bedroom house at the moment and all 3 of mine share at the moment, i moved jordan in with the girls when he was 6-7 months and they are fine, god knows what im gonna do when the other baby comes, probley will have to stay in my room untill we get moved

sarahxxx

I think I was worrying over nothing :oops:

I just dont want to feel like I cant even give the baby its own room, I've spoken to a few friends whos kids share rooms though and I feel reassured now lol, thanks :hug:

Hi Kirsty, :wave: I jst bought a single bed with the guest bed that fits below it, This saves space in the bedroom for through the day and playing in the room but also gives two full size single beds for comfort. The best thing about that? It is on sale at Homebase for only £149, including mattresses :dance: reduced from £399.... If that helps any?

But yes your worrying too much, our grandparents would bring up families of 7 in a room and kitchen.... they turned out fine
Take care hun.. yvonne :hug:

Similar position, yes - we live in a 2 bed flat and my OH's 7 (nearly 8) year old son from a prior relationship stays with us most weekends, occasionally with his little sister.

We have a single bed and a fold down in the small bedroom but our space is limited - we have loads of stuff stored in our bedroom. Obviously we plan to have the new arrival in with us for the first few months (much decluttering required so we can fit in the moses basket and then the cot) but after that we don't think it's fair to make them share, after all if he's staying on a school night as he does when OH works weekends he'll be going to school shattered from being woken up for feeds / changes in the night. And of course if, as we suspect, our new LO turns out to be a girl then we'd like that even less.

The council should, if the baby IS a girl, grant us a move to a three bedroom house (though how long that will take is anyone's guess), but if it turns out to be a boy we'll be expected to have them share. Which strikes me as hugely inappropriate, maybe would be less so with a smaller age gap or if the baby wasn't a baby (!) but it would never let my OH's son get a decent night's sleep or, of course, privacy.. it'd have to be straight to bed with no light on and certainly no TV..

So yeah, I know exactly what you mean. And somehow the fact the existing child isn't there all the time doesn't help at all.

similar problem here, We only have a 2 bedroom house and I have 3 girls already which share 1 bedroom, altho the bedroom is huge, I have my eldest 2 in a bunk bed [the bottom bunk is a double size] and we have the little one [2ys old] across the other side of the room in her cotbed.
When the new baby arrives no matter what we wont put all 4 in together...we have decided to convert our garage into a bedroom for me and OH. That way the baby can have its own room and possibly my youngest daughter could share when the baby is old enough.
We cant afford to move at the moment or for the forseeable future so a conversion seems the only logical thing we can do.

We have a 2 bed house and baby will be in with us till it is 9 months old or so, like Damien has been. Don't think I'd be happy putting different sex's in the same room, but then me and bro shared a room till we were 4 and 3 and it never harmed us! :) We plan to move though after the baby comes to a 3 bed so they can have their own rooms.

Sami said:
We have a 2 bed house and baby will be in with us till it is 9 months old or so, like Damien has been. Don't think I'd be happy putting different sex's in the same room, but then me and bro shared a room till we were 4 and 3 and it never harmed us! :) We plan to move though after the baby comes to a 3 bed so they can have their own rooms.

Thats exactly what we're going to do :)

we're looking for an exchange for a bigger 3 bed as weve got the girls in the big room in bunkbeds which isnt a problem if we have another girl as there is room but if its a boy it will have to stay in our room until its big enough for a bed as you cant get nothing in harry's room other than bunkbeds as its a box room

If I thought there was any chance of getting a bigger house before Im about 7/8 months then Id apply now but our council is pathetic, we lived with my mam til Josh was 2 after waiting for 3 years, and even then the house they gave us (the one we're still in) is tiny. I know people who have applied when they fell pregnant and have been given a 3 bedroom house within a month, and in their chosen area!!

This house was an absolute state when we moved in, there was no carpets or wallpaper in any single room, we've had to do it all from scratch and its cost a fortune. If we move now we've wasted god knows how much money on decorating it nicely and wooden flooring, etc.

Our council really are crap! Theres no one who wants to exchange with us cos our house is so small and if I go back onto the list they'll just tell me I'll have to wait cos we've already got this house which is more than what other people have got :roll:

We private rent, council housing is minimal my way, we'd be shoved on a bad estate, so we have to save and pay ourselves if we wanna move! Gotta save about £2K if we change lettings companies :shock:

I am blessed that my partner has a 6 bed house. Plenty of room for girls and boys.

Icecream said:
I am blessed that my partner has a 6 bed house. Plenty of room for girls and boys.

Im not jealous :shakehead:

lol only joking! I think Id be lost in a house that big after living here for so long! :D

DH an I have our own 1 bed flat, and we won't be moving for at least 2 years because of house prices.

I guess we will be a close family!

:D

this is my biggest worry

we have brought a 2 bedroom flat, we have the big room and Danielle has the smaller room.

we are going start trying for a baby in june (that way i won`t be too fat for my wedding in august if i fall straightaway)

but due to the house prices rising, its unlikely we can move until we have saved a good lump some.

if we have another girl thats no problem, but if its a boy i`m not too keen on them sharing rooms. altho my brother shared my room with me.

Exactly, if its a boy we've got no worries cos it can share with Josh for as long as needs be but if its a girl Id like her to have her own little space so I can do it pink! Plus as Josh gets older and starts school (when the baby is about 4 months!) I want him to be able to have his privacy :wall:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back