Anyone doing their nursery yet??

Kerry

Reaction score
Just wondered if I am the only one dying to get started on my nursery. We are using the room my little girl used to have (my older 2 are now sharing which they love). We have a 20 x 10 wooden shed thing at the end of the garden that we are planning on turning into a big play room.

I am just waiting for hubby to empty the shed so I can put all the other toys down there so my nursery is clear to start sorting -luckily it doesn't need decorating as it's still done from when my little girl had it as a nursery. I now have a little pile of baby things that people are giving me and I am so keen to get it all sorted - I know I have ages yet but I know that with xmas and both kids and hubby havning birthdays between now and due date it's gonna fly by.

we are having to decorate our other spare room, so we can move things out of the nursey so we can then decorate it. So hopefully once the other room is complete we will be decorating the nursery beginning of November.

exciting isnt it!

not yet - am actually sat in my "will eventually be a nursery" at the mo - it is boyf's computer room - an he has to be chucked out of it yet!! (the room not the entire house!!hehehehe) am trying to convince him thet the under stairs cupboard is just perfect for him heheheheh!

have all my ideas of what i want the nursery to look like, but dont have the money or time to do it yet - boyf is actually painting the downstairs rooms right now - only chance i get to use comp!!!

hopefully, will start after xmas, am due march 10th, so would like it all done b4 i finish work

happy decorating! :)

I really really wanna get this done but I don't seem to ever find the time or energy to do this with OH! He tends to come in on weekdays and collapse, and according to him I'm not allowed to do any form of painting unless he supervises me :roll: :lol:

Desprate to make it look like a nursery though!!

Im the same as you Shamu - I am sitting in what will be the nursery.

It has two pale blue walls and two really dark blue walls, blue curtains and blue lampshade - and I have it on good authority that Im having a girl!!!!! (well, by the chinese charts and by a visit to a medium) Typical! havent got the money to change it either!

PC will have to be shifted back downstairs (we only moved it up here 6 months ago!)

L x

weird! my will be nursey is also blue at the mo, but its a really dark depressing yucky bue - so wouldnt keep it even if i do have a boy! - as it happens , i dont plan to find out the sex, so room will have to be neutral

i was looking forward to decorating my nursery tho, now am not so sure!! - every project we start in this house starts off straight forward and then we remember we live in the house that jack built - well, the house that jack started to build, got bored, hid all the faults and sold it to us!!!!! :roll: heheheeheh

luckily boyf and his papa are very handy so can do all the work - its just getting the time inbetween their jobs!

Um..... hate to say it but mine is all done and dusted! (well the painting and curtains anyway) i just have to get the cot and chair!

Its green and yellow as we dont know the sex. :D

I was like that with my first. I suppose the room was just there and ready!!

Well done!!

Oooh sorry to sneak in But mine is done too painted new carpet and blind.

We dont want to find out so we painted it magnolia. but looking on ebay recently under nursery decoration there is a company that does vinal images for £35 a set

you get quite a bit to, the themes are jungle, under the sea and a there are some girlie ones.

Just an idea for those who want a room for either sex.

Sarah
x

Hi Girls! Well I am having a girl!!! So two of the blue walls will have to go!!!
We have decided to keep the two pale blue walls and the other two in a pale lemon. That way, if we have another its neutral. Didnt want to go all pink and then decide to have another and its a boy! - as we only have one spare room!

We bought our cot and dresser last week so I just want to get it all sorted now. I too have been give soooo much stuff which is great but I want to get it all organised in there - but waiting for D/H to finish tiling downstairs!

"taps fingers impatiently!!!!"

L x

oh good lordy!!! just re-found this post - and would you believe - it's three whole months since i was writting that i was sat in my would-be nursery? - and guess what? - i still am!!!!

decided to make the 2nd largest bedroom in to nursery after all - but boyf has literally only just started it - took me over a week to empty the junk out of it, dismantle spare bed and get that put in the loft etc - its been stripped, and we have picked the colors etc - boyf went to get laminate flooring to lay the other day - great i thought, the rooms finally taking shape and i will be organising it soon ( am 32 weeks pg now!!) this morning, however, boyf decided to remove the skirting boards to lay the new flooring - its a disaster! half the plaster has come away where he has attacked the skirting boards with a claw hammer and a chisel - the window ledge has come away from the window and you can now see half the bricks of the house!!!!! ohmigod! :eek:

father in law is here now with plaster and a whole heap of tools, and-well, theres a hell of a lot of noise coming from the room ( not to mention swear words!!) i daren't even look! hey ho! - will try to remain optomistic! - boyf did say (prior to tearing down half the house) that "it'll be finished by the weekend" - he didnt mention which weekend tho lol!!! :roll:

so am really jealous all u lucky ladies who have their nurseries done and can keep popping in and out nesting!! cant wait to do all that hehheheheh

shamu

Lol Shamu your post made me smile we have just finished doing our house after 2 long years of constant DIY it was like faulty towers most of the time :lol:

If I were you I would keep a low profile or you may get roped into helping!

Going back to my previous post - My dark blue walls have gone! and its now yellow. Will post some pics when I have got it all sorted.

AND....I AM HAVING A GIRL!!!!!! I knew it !!!!!!

Did you find out what you are having?

L x

aw congrats lisa! cant remember if this is your first or not? - bet your made up! - not going for pink walls tho? lol

i didnt find out, part of me wishes i had now and part of me is still looking forward to the surprise - ah well , not long to go! cant cant wait!!

- i secretly think its a girl tho!!!! - that way we can gang up on boyf/dady when he starts his next project!!

- my big sis is at her second scan today and i'm waiting for her to call round - she was undecided whether to find out or not, she already has a lil girl

post pics! i will eventually! - a before and after shot so you will know jhust how bad it was! hehhehe

take care
shamu

My LO's nursery is about halfway done. We only moved in in Aug so its been totally gutted....Ive painted all the walls (blue and magnolia), the woodwork still needs to b painted (this weekend is my mission!), the fitted wardrobes are now complete with shelves and rails....carpet is being fitted at the end of the month and the rest is all furnishings! Hmm still quite a bit to do! :?

I only just painted the new nursery yesterday but still have to wait on the furniture to arrive. Cant wait although it seems ages away. Love the feeling you get just walking in and knowing the rooms purpose!

Shamu - Yes this is my first!! and the way this pregnancy lark is going it may well be my last lol. Did your sister find out what she was having?
Due to my fall (see my post in third trimester) the nursery is no closer for photos - which is really frustrating) I just cannot wait to get washing clothes and blankets etc and getting it all set up!

Fayebalina - how you getting on with yours?

L x

Hi lisa, well mine is getting there slowly!
most of the painting is done.....the carpet still needs to be put down!
I havnt got the cot yet but im not too bothered as LO wont be in it straight away.....i have almost everything else and all the clothes, bedding and towels are washed! Just been washing the pram down today as it had got a bit dusty! Im measuring big and LO is 4/5ths engaged so im hoping he will come early!

hi lisa, just read your post about your fall - ouch, hope your ok?? lugging this bump around is bad enuf - cant imagine doing it whilst in agony too! - make sure you put your feet up and get your oh to run round after you!

no, big sis didnt find out - her scan pic was well better then mine tho! - really close up, my niece keeps kissing the pic, shes so cute!! i think shes a lil confused with all the new babies - she tells everyone and then asks have they got a newbaby in their tummy too!!

nursery is going well, flooring down and new skirting boards up - boyf is, well actually, i dont know, but he has some big sealing gun with a tube of stuff loaded in it - i try to stay out of the way so i dont have to help!

i'm the same as you fayebalina - cant wait to wash all the lil baby clothes and put them away in the wardsobe and make the cot up and everything! - just hope i can be bothered by the time its all ready! - cant seem to get motivated to do any other house work! hehehehe

will post pics as soon as its done :)

shamu

Hope you got your pram sorted faye. mine is an old Marmet one (coachbuilt type like silver cross) I'm a bit old fashioned and always said I would get one of the old type prams. Someone from work has given me one of the trendy three-wheeler types so i can use that for the car and the old one for strolls round the park! As it was second hand I need to give it a good clean and get a new mattress - i was thinking of using Milton strerilising fluid as I'm not sure if other cleaning things like bleach etc would be safe.

Hope your carpet goes down better than ours did - we spilt a massive pot of emulsion on it - I've cleaned up as much as I could - but its in a spot where you cant even put a rug - typical!!!!! :roll:

Shamu - yeah, I'm still in agony - although slightly better than last week -D/H is running around after me - he went shopping at asda today - he's been really good - whereas I'm not handling it too well. Spent most of the evening in tears. I just wanted our final weeks together (of just the two of us) to be really special but I am feeling so crap and in pain constantly, and now the additional worry of what my labour (or worse still, what it will be like when the epidural wears off after) seems to have really put our relationship to the test - I dont know how he is putting up with me at the minute :cry:

Apart from all that I am really looking forward to getting the nursery all sorted - maybe then I'll feel a bit better.

L x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back