Feel tearful about my baby going to bed in her own room

Fiona

Reaction score
Grace is going into her own room tonight......... :( :( :(
At the moment she is in her cot in our room, but the last couple of weeks we have noticed that we are disturbing her when we got to bed and also as we toss and turn during the night she is waking............
I didn't think I would but I feel quite tearful about it - what a silly cow I am !!!!!!!!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl:
she seems to be growing so quickly... every day she is doing something new .......... I just don't know where the time is going......
She has already had a sleep in there today and went down really quickly and without any bother so hoping tonight will be the same...will let you all know.............

Good luck.

I cant even find it in me to put Leif to bed in our room at night on his own so god knows what i'll be like when it comes to putting him in his own room.

we put willow in on her own at 6 weeks, it made it eiser cause if i had left it who knows what i would be like :roll:

good luck!

rhys is almost 8 months and only just started going in his own room this week!

Aw, I know how you feel. Austin had to go into his own room when he outgrew the moses basket because our room's too small for the cot. It's so hard, I must have put it off for about 10 nights! The first night I kept imagining I was hearing things on the baby monitor & checked him every half hour!

It is worth it though, she'll sleep better, you'll sleep better (& it's great for your love life :wink: )

Good luck, let us know how it goes. :hug:

Lennon was 2 weeks old when he went in his own room and his big cot - he kept making silly noises while he was sleeping and my husband works so he wasn't getting much sleep so we put him in his own room xxx

:hug: :hug:

I am dreading it already

Hope she settles well

well girls........... good news all round

Grace went down as usual at 6.30 pm awake and without any bother......
she then woke at 1.30 am for a feed and then not again until 7.45 am...

we didn't hear another peep out of her all night long ........ and she woke up this morning her normal smiley self :) :)

For the first time ever she only had one feed during the night, until recently it has always been 3 then we managed to cut it to 2 and then last night only 1 - hope it is the first night of many.

I am so proud of her......... :dance: :dance:

I acutally slept really well but DH who was laughing at me for not wanting to put her in her room couldn't settle at all and was in checking on Grace 5 times during the night :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:
They try to act tought these big strapping lads but are actually all soft !!!!

sorry - ended up posting same message twice in my excitement :rotfl:

i kno how u feel, millie is getting too big for her moses basket, my boyf keeps saying lets set the cot up; but it dont fit in our room and im not ready to leave her all the way down the hall. ill ask him if we can set up the travel cot each nite in our room until shes 6 months... i might hav 2 hav a really good go at convincing him!
otherwise i can see myself on the floor in her room with a sleeping bag lol!

glad it went well

i kno how u feel, millie is getting too big for her moses basket, my boyf keeps saying lets set the cot up; but it dont fit in our room and im not ready to leave her all the way down the hall. ill ask him if we can set up the travel cot each nite in our room until shes 6 months... i might hav 2 hav a really good go at convincing him!
otherwise i can see myself on the floor in her room with a sleeping bag lol!

Dyaln is in travel cot in our room but i bought a matress aswell as ididn' think it was comfy enough for 4 1/2 months

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back