High risk pregnancy

TeeUK

Reaction score
Hi ladies I know I'm not supposed to be in here yet ...but it's been playing on my mind since I had scan yesterday.

Just wondered if any of you ladies are have been put on high risk for weight, asthma or back problems?

I'm 4ft 11 and 14st 9lb...so way over weight for my height and they are worried about me getting diabetes.

Also I have to see someone for my asthma and I have spondylosis of spine so they are worrying about my spine not being able to handle the pregnancy. Also I might not be able to have an epidural if my spine is fused and they are worrying about anesthetic if I have to have a c-section coz of my weight.

I am terrified now! It all sounds so scary!

Last edited:
Hey love I am on consultant led care as very overweight more so than you although a little taller :p the good news is some extra scans to check baby is ok, and consultant appts to keep an eye on problems so if ('if' not when) a problem developes they can nip it in the butt/ manage it before it becomes more serious :)

I'd also recommend Slimming world I lost 4 stone before becoming pregnant in 5 months and the dr and midwives I have seen have strongly encouraged me to continue - its the only diet you can do whilst pregnant and the dr even told me I may come out of this pregnancy thinner than before

Incase your put off by the word diet on SW you can eat unlimited (seriously) rice, potatoes, pasta, vegetables, fruit and all lean meat as well as an allowance of bread, milk/cheese every day and still have some naughty stuff - I have a curly wurly, hot chocolate and icecream every night :)

Don't worry feel reassured you will be looked after xxxx

aww thank you...I feel happier knowing that it's a precaution thing rather than anything serious to worry about.

Slimming world sounds great...bit strapped for cash at moment though so not sure I could afford to go. I was 14st when I got pregnant so I've put on 9lbs already but that is coz I was a piggy over xmas lol....I really can't afford to go beyond 15st (that's the heaviest I have ever been in past)

My diet was horrendous the first 2 months because of sickness all I ate was bread,crisps and soup. Although I went off sugary stuff and didn't have anything sweet till I was about 9 weeks then my sweet tooth came back with a vengeance lol...hence the 9lbs!!

I can't afford slimming world either hun but whats done is done now. I am overweight, older (only 34 though!!lol), was a smoker and have psoriatic arthritis. I'm on consultant lead care and are having an elective c-section (emergency c-sec with my first!). To be honest I am so glad I am having consultant lead care I feel alot safer knowing the are keeping such a good check onme and bubs. xxxx

I'm high risk too hun for my diabetes and all that crap with my first being a section. I hope your get support from your consultants. Mine are being so overprotective this time its unbelieveable x

eeeee I'm 39...plus I forgot to add I have psoriatic arthritis toooooo! Prob forgot coz since I got preg my psoriasis and arthritis have almost gone!!!! well I know arthritis doesn't go but I have hardly any pain from it at mo.... It's wonderful :) Just wish my back was same!

eeeee I'm 39...plus I forgot to add I have psoriatic arthritis toooooo! Prob forgot coz since I got preg my psoriasis and arthritis have almost gone!!!! well I know arthritis doesn't go but I have hardly any pain from it at mo.... It's wonderful :) Just wish my back was same!

I'm one of the unlucky ones. MIne went into overdrive particularly in the first tri and up till a few weeks ago. Now its easing I have SPD instead. lol. My psoriasis did completely clear though. x

I never heard of SPD had to look it up sounds horrible....before I got preg I was in agony with the arthritis, I couldn't walk properly, couldn't dress myself, couldn't use my hands to grasp or pick things up it was really bad. I was on loads meds..... It's like I have my own built in pain killer now!

I still get pain if I accidentally bend my wrists back and my back hurts like crazy if I do anything other than sit on butt all day.....but at the moment I am really enjoying being out of constant pain. I just hope when I give birth it doesn't all go back to how it was otherwise I won't be able to look after little one and it will all rest on poor bfs shoulders....he be looking after both of us!

My doc did talk about putting me on this medication (forgot what it's called) but it is supposed to help with the pain, however you cannot get pregnant on them as they kill the fetus. I was supposed to go on them last year but when I told her I wanted another child she said to wait until after we had a baby first.

I'm not a fan of medication but she said if I don't take it my body will destroy itself and I will end up not being able to move at all :(

Ditto hun come May I shall be on Methotrexate you are not allowed to get pregnant on that so could be the same thing. I had to give up work (I worked in a school) cos of the pain and stiffness. I struggled to get out of bed and get dressed etc. I was hoping for a clear run through pregnancy but now its starting to ease. I get more stiffness now then ever before. I still have my codiene should I get desperate but try not to take it now. xxx

Methotrexate...yup that's it....I called my mum to see what it was coz she got put on it too. Scary thing is the side effects....she was on it for a year with regular bloods but got took off it coz her liver started messing up. She said the side effects are horrible! But helped with inflammation and pain but wasn't worth it :(

Can't win really can we...either be in pain or suffer side effects from meds!

I know I keep hoping it maybe my wonder drug!!! I can live in hope. Its not nice side effects and it has to be monitored so carefully. I was hoping it would make me better to go back to work but my profession is Teaching Assistant and it doesn't look to hopeful because of the lowered immune system etc. :-(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back