Riley has sicked up brown :(

Oh crumbs Steph! I've only just read this. Hope Riley is feeling better soon. Hugs and kisses to you both from Marcus and me! :hug: :hug:

only just seen this hope riley is better soon and lots of hugs to mum and dad :hug: :hug: :hug:

Riley was discharged yesterday, last i heard they were on their way home but her dad got lost lol.

thanks everyone for the well wishes. its so nice to see people have been thinking of us :hug:

This has honestly been the worst 4days of my life.

well, everyone has updated very well for me. he was admitted to barnstaple childrens ward on wednesday, referal from A&E. they put a venflon into his hand, the poor little mite screamed so much. it broke my heart. i had a couple of doctors prod his tummy, to try and feel for the pyloric. The first doctor ordered a spinal tap, to rule everything out. i stayed in the room with him, as although i couldnt comfort him through it, i didnt want him to be there with only strange people. it hurt him so much. and it took all my strenth not to stop them doing it.
they also put a nasal asparator in his nose, and asperated it every hour.

thankfully, the sinal tap and bloods came back clear, ruling out menigitis, infections ect.

i then had the consultant come in to feel his tummy. and he agreed that it may be pyloric stenosis.

Thursday he was sent for an ultrasound on his tummy. which confirmed the pyloric stenosis. he also had his hips scanned at same time, as he already had the appointment for it. my sister had congenital hips.

thursday afternoon, we were transfered to Bristol childrens hospital. i went in the ambulance and adam and my parents followed up in the car.

i got there, and more feeling of the tummy. and they ordered another ultrasound scan, i guess to be 100% in there minds. mom stayed the first night at the hospital with me.

Friday came and the scan confirmed the condition again. so it was a matter of waiting for a slot in theatre. i was so worried when they said proberly saturday now as it was busy. the poor mite was in alot of pain.

but luckily they fitted him in the same day.

i can honestly say, handing him over to the lady in theatre was the hardest thing i have ever had to do. and watching them carry him through to theatre, where you know what there going to do to him.

the op only takes app. 30mins. but it was an hour before i was called to recovery.

there was a man holding him when i got there. which im glad about, as he didnt wake up alone and scared.

he said i could hold him. but i was so scared of hurting him, it took me a couple of minutes to get my nerve up.

he was very groggy for a whikle, sleeping, waking up and giving a cry, then dropping off.

i could feed him after 12hours. which worked out at 3.30am. i was so pleased to be able to feed him again. id been expressing the whole time he was nil by mouth, and it wasnt working very well. so my milk started to dry up. which was heartwrenching, when ive struggled so much to feed him for 6weeks.

but it hadnt gone completely, because after a 5min feed, he brought some back up (the surgen said he might still bring milk up)

since then, he has been doing really well. even if they did only discharge him with calpol :|

we got home yesterday evening. i mean, how hard is it to find the motorway :roll:

right id best go, little man is awake.

thanks everyone :hug:

Hi Steph,

I'm thinking of you and Riley - so many hugs and happy thoughts to you.

You keep your strength up too - what an ordeal to go through and your stress levels won't be helping your milk supply.

I hope Riley gets better really soon - please keep us updated.

Valentine xxx

Thanks for letting us know it must be so hard for you all! :hug:

I hope Riley recovers really quickly! :hug: :hug: :hug:

:hug: :hug: Keslo :hug: :hug: Thinking of you and Riley and wishing him a speedy recovery from surgery.

:hug:

Hope you're little fella is fit and well soon. You're so strong to go through all this. I don't know how I would cope never having been there myself, but I'm so proud of you for bearing up to it all. :hug: Well done on keeping your milk going too :)

Glad you finally made it home, Dad's and sense of direction eh? :shock:

You're so very very brave keslo, and little Riley, what a brave little man, so so glad to hear after all that you are home and doing so well :hug: :hug: :hug: I can only imagine how hard it was, it was heartbreaking just reading what you went through, so glad he's allright, and well done Mummy!!! It's great to hear you're back and sending lots of hugs and smiles :hug: :) :hug:

the thought of you having to hand him over to go into theatre just broke my heart, I am so so sorry you had to go through all that, I hope everything picks up for you soon, have lots of cuddles :hug: :hug: xxx

thanks everyone. your support means alot to me. :hug:

to top it all off more has gone wrong for me.

check relationship section for my post. its a real humdinger.

oh keslo, iv ony just read this- im so sorry for what u been thru.
biiiiiiiig hugs to u & riley wishing him a speedy recovery. u r very brave.
:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
ill go read ur other post now.

For some reason I missed this thred!

So sorry to hear about what you've been going through hun. Hope Riley is feeling better soon

:hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

Hi Keslo- I've only just read this thread. So sorry you've had to go through all of that but well done for being so brave and making the right decision to get Riley checked out. Hope you're both doing ok now xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back