Rights?

Dan

Reaction score
ok, i didnt know where to post this, so if its in teh wrong place so sorry.

been doing abit of research lately on fathers rights, as in if you've read my previous post u'll understand why.

my Ex as so called is coming round to visit tomorrow, to disuss access and everything about the baby. the thing is i havent seen her in 2 months, becasue of teh long distance move etc.

from the attitude and vibes i picked up on is that 1; she told me o dont think about getting back togetehr with her, in case i get the wrong idea, 2 that what names the child will have is not my option, and that i practically have no choice what the hell goes on, so im being pushed away from my child already!

i looked at a few rights, well in a fact is that becasue we are not married, i have no righjts at all over my child, unless my name is put on the birth certificate that is, but tbh i dont know if she is selfish enough to not even put me on it.

tbh i feel so wreckless, alone, frustrated, angry, and im at teh extreme ends of both good and bad as in what to discuss, as in i've got to teh stage where i can take all teh flack, arguments be unhappy, give everything up i have here in birmngham, including family friends and wrk, adn move down south where i have nothing, and if she doesnt even put me on teh certificate, and is real evil about it im going to be on my own in somewhere i have nothing, not even a house(explaining that im trying to move and will be staying ina hostel). or i can just tel her straight that she is causing me to furiate, since we broke up i have been unpredictably unstable, my emotions appear in the wrong situations, i cant sleep at night becasue all i think about is her. the thing is she told me she broke up with me becasue she was unhappy, ok, but she mentioned a few weeks ago thast she was unhappy for quite a while before, so why the hell break up with me when ur pregnant, and not before so we could have avoided such problems?

im so, i dont know oblivious to everything taht happens in my everyday world, my routine, well if u call it that, i wake up go to wrk, and sit in front of my monitor screen, and go to bed, and do teh same day in day out, dnt wathc tv, dont read a newspaper, so the world events that people talk about, look at me funny when i say i dont know what the hell they are going on about. :x

i knwo its kind of selfish but from who i am i wouldnt do it, but im shocked that even sicide has popped into my head :shock: and for me tahst well not in my characteristics, im know as a funny guy, respectable and a fgriends of everyone and i can get on with everyone, but why so down for teh past 2 months of my life have i felt so S***,

ive tried to get help, but i cant pick myself up to it.

i cant bear teh idea that a child growing p with a single mother? taht really confuses me as my morals and experiences that it is supposed to be a family, adn ive been labbelled a family guy, but if i cant sort my head out now, then later down teh line am i ever going to be a family man? :wall:

i am so so depressed at the minute, to an extent ive been wasting myself away, im not really drinker, well i'd have one beer at a family party or bbq, but lately since she broke up with me ive managed to waste 700 pound i saved up for us on, a psp i dont use, dvd's havent wathced, and alcohol and drum n bass nites out.

and i try to get back on track and i feel as if whast teh point man, :| she's most likely (teh character she may become) alienate teh kid into beliveing taht everything is my faukt, i want to see him grow, play football with him, take him nd his mates out to lunch and throw parties on his b'day, but i cant do it alone, thast a family thing right.

man im so... not knowing where i am anymore :(:(

sorry i have no advice for you hun just wanted to tell you that im sorry your going through a right time of it at the moment and im thinking about you, so if you ever need to talk just pm me anytime

take care
:hug: :hug:
xxx

Can you tape record what goes on? Dont jump in with 2 feet when she comes, you are going to have to face the fact that much as you are a family man it might not be with her. That doesnt though stop you from being a dad. Many children are brought up in fab 1 parent families with dads they see regularly.
Dont lose heart and see a family law solicitor. :)

i really feel for you, you obviously want to do the right thing. Try coming at it from a different angle with, tell her you don't want to get back together but want to be there for everything else, buy something for the baby that will probably make her smile!

Keep us informed, we are all here for you xxx

thasnk for support, but eh, tape record, man im no spy, i just want thnsg to be liek they were before, before she was pregnant, we was happy, when i look on my phone and watch teh vids, its really upsetting to see us both laughing around having a shindig. but now its just so stressful.

and no im not going to record teh convo, becsue tahst aginst human rights isnt it.

i now his minute have a free house for a week, in which she wouldusually stay liek previous times before, except now thast she is not here, im going to spend 7 days on my onw, before family get back. ok i hve a wokrs football mathc tomorrow evening but thast it. im on my own, again.

im wrapped up in a quilt, deciding what to make myself for my dinner, its so much harder whne ur cooking for one, than whne im so used to a 2 person meal. all these things mound up, i should be at university now, studying, but why not, i cant go uni anymore, aspirations to do what i wanted to have gone out the window.

such a bum.

I suppose it is, i was typing as I thought. It might not be like it was before though. Try thinking like that. You should be thinking that she should be wanting to get back with you. Have yoursef some confidence and it will shine through. Do not let her treat you like you dont matter because you are this babies dad and you are going to be involved.

ido want to be involved, indeed, but i dont want someone else being a father figure on that half of the story, im really frustrated and teh two halves of my brain are fighting with each other.

cruelk as it sounds,

one says walk away and just forget it,

side two says stay and support

im thi sclose to both ends though i dont knwo why its really confusing

Side 2. You dont want a situation in say 20 years when the kid comes looking for you to ask why you walked away. You could explain but do you want to take the chance it might got wrong. You dont sound the type to walk away. Thats meant in a nice way :D

tru i dont want that, but it seems so much beter to just stay away and let her get on with it without me, so then im not in the way as u call it. and she's not in minem, i just want to be in a nice secure family! thers no cry emote, but im starting to cry thinking about it.

ive had so much bad luck.

i have varied feelinsg towards her aswell, no matter how much i love her, which i do, i love her so much, and i also hate her, for what she's done, how is it possible to have the best and worst feelings about someone?? :S

Hun ur so confused i hope u can sort things out. My advice is to sort YOURSELF out first. Get yourself straightened up and show her you can be a supportive father who can handle tough situations. You DO have rights to see your child, you will ahve to go to court etc, so start saving NOT going down the pub! Its not worth making your life go down hill.
Be strong and fight for your baby! :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back