Break-Up

If she said no to access and you took it to court you would most likely (unless she proved you to be a really nasty/dangerous person) get given weekend/certain weekday access, at first supervised, but if all goes well after unsupervised. Fathers DO have rights now, Just still not enough to gain them full custody unless the mother is proved unworthy of parenting.
However court cases can be costly, so i would get a soliciter at first and get him to write a letter saying that you request access times and if she does not oblige to that then you will take it to court for full custody (this will never be granted for you, in all honesty, access most likely will, but if she dosnt know how the system works then this will most likely scare her into accepting the offer being made) and you not having to go through the costly route of court. Which i beileve costs £3000 - £4000 for such cases.

Also with what you're saying about moving to somerset, this may anger her further maybe you should give it some time and try and regain some kind of relationship (as a friend) with her, because if, as you say she really seems to dislike you that much at the moment, do you think that moving down there will do you any good? It may well make matters worse, she may feel followed in a way and this will probably cause frustration which in the end will mean more arguments and her not wanting to compromise with you at all regarding you're son, It sounds like she is being a bitch at the moment to put it nicely, but at the end of the day you just need to say on the right side of her, give her some time, stop calling and texting etc because she obviously dosnt want to speak to you at the moment, i think you need to leave some space and then maybe send a text in a couple of weeks saying "how are you" or something.

Congratulations on you're son to be!!! And sorry that you are having such a hard time with you're ex, she is clearly being very immature and unreasonable.

I hope this helps a little. :)

Good luck
Cassie

Hope this helps
Cassie

hey thanks, yer tru, but things seem to be a lil better, n orguements for a few days tbh, and there seem sto be a nice light above us lol. she seems more chatty and stuff, but as i expect it cud easily flip back to what is was liek teh past few weeks, and yer i agree, all im doin is sucking up, trying to be supportive and just see how things generally are. thanks for support:):)

i hate hearing about stuff like this when there doesnt seem to be a good reason obviously i dont know all the facts but it doesnt seem fair. i would have been lost without my dad as he brought my and my little sister up on his own and that was 16 years ago that he won custody of us. i hope that gives you a bit of hope that if my and could do it then so could you try talking to her or write her a letter just to say how much you want to be involved in your sons life and that you would do anything to be there.
good luck hun :hug:

Hi

:hug: sorry your going through such a rough patch, exs can be difficult and i know alot use the baby to get back at you .
My OH ex wont let him see his other daughter and he like you wnats to be in her life he used to phone daily and she would say tara dont wanna talk to you meanwhile we can hear her saying daddy daddy in the background :twisted: My point is in his case they were living together for years has his last name and he had no say in court they served the papers a day before the court date and never got to defend himself so the court ruled that she gets all the say as if he cans peak to her on phone and see her . I hope everythi9ng works out for you and maybe there is a slight chance she could change her mind and you can be a happy family, you sound like such a great guy!!
Katrina

hey thank, i knwo of similar situatiosn with friends parents and so forth. we are getting on ok at teh moment and thinsg have calmed down a bit, but im still hoping it all works out. if it doesnt man i dont know what im gonna do. ok the kid is theer, but underneath i love her, and i will never stop loving here, its oen of them crazy emotiosn that you cant really explain. just hoping to geth thru it.

thanks guys!:D:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back