Right, 'Grandad' names please!

maybebaby

Reaction score
I know we're still very early but I've been thinking of names since ds was born! I love his name, and am struggling to come up with one I like as much.

I like old fashioned names that are classic but not popular. OH likes similar names but doesn't like James or John (or similar) because he thinks they're 'boring'.

So far I've come up with:

Not worrying too much about girls' names at the mo because we have quite similar tastes for girls names and chose loads we loved last time.

Any suggestions please? Thank you!

Last edited:
I LOVE the name Ted, so i would say Edward.
We put Ted onto our shortlist last week.

Oh i just have to add my all time fave to this list, sadly OH will not let us name ikkle man this or this would be his name.

SETH

Basil
Frederick
Gordon
Henry
Malcolm
Morgan
Noah (gorgeous name)
Oliver
Stephen
Theodore
Todd (goes well with austin)

What about....
Seb
Frank
George
Albert
Arthur
Walter
there are loads but it depends how "grandady" you want to go
i think they are older i must say i love Seb.

There''s a little boy on young mum's mansion called Ernie which I quite like.

Also... The name Alfie is very popular at the moment and this was my choice for a boy, but I was thinking about Alfred, then he could have Alfie, Alf, Fred, Freddy for short.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

I love Seth but the surname is [Removed personal information]so not sure about an 'S' name either. I had a tortoise called Sebastian when I was younger :D

Ernie's quite cool, I like Frank, Gordon & Bertie too. William too, could be shortened to Billy.

DS's second middle name is so can't use that either.

I love Bobby but OH had a dog with that name so won't consider it :(

Last edited:
I'm really liking Ernie now actually... Damn it, why do I like so many boy's names but when it comes to girls names I'm stuck :wall:

sparky said:
Morris would go well with Austin

It's normally spelt Maurice though?

(Was our bump name after conception in Mauritius!)

i like harrison

my lil brother is frederick but called freddy and as much as i hated it at first its really cute !

debecca said:
sparky said:
Morris would go well with Austin

It's normally spelt Maurice though?

(Was our bump name after conception in Mauritius!)

Can be spelt both ways, i was thinking from the british classic car stance!

If it's Grandad names you want... My grandad is called Ray by the way :lol:

I think Morris is a good idea as was it not you when you were preg with Austin that wanted "car" style names?!?!

That was someone else but I remember the thread. We could go with Morgan for the same reasons... :think:

Last edited:
My grandads:

Lawrence (or laurie)
Harry

I like Bertie, its cute!

maybebaby said:
SarahH said:
I think Morris is a good idea as was it not you when you were preg with Austin that wanted "car" style names?!?!

That was someone else but I remember the thread. We could go with Morgan for the same reasons... :think:

That's why I said it :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back