We cant agree..help

jemz24

Reaction score
ok we havin a boy, i like the old fashioned names like david, mark etc but OH likes unusual names but hes come up with sabian (after a drum manufacture) and dante thereis way he is havin those names so any suggestions would be great.

What I would say is think of it like this... as an employer would you take a Sabien seriously? Can you imagine someone called Dante being 2, 12, 22, 42, 80 years old? If you can great! If not that might be your answer....

Could you have a more practical first name and a more unusual middle name?

i dont think employers care much anymore, i know a lawyer named leopold :)
Anyways i like Dante :)

Id get a name book theyr great even if its just to gage what sort of thing you each like and what newer names you like, and older ones Oh will letcha get away with :p

I really like Dante. But thats if I am pronnouncing it right "Dawn-tae"?

I like Sabien :) I think we had Sebastian on our short list for Isaac, bit similar. And Dante would make an excellent middle name me thinks :D

Theres enough Marks and Davids in this world already! :wink:

Can you compromise with a more unusual old fashioned name?

There's still plenty of time to find a name you both love :hug:

Last edited:
Im a lover of unual names but i had to compromise with a more 'normal' first name and funkymiddle name.

lol girls dont say you like those names coz he will win lol
The middle name is family name Howell after his grandad and himself.

i like sebastian but he dont lol see wot i mean.

Me and Jed each made a list of names then read them out to eachother and said definate no's and possibles, then we had a short list, then I gave in and let Jed name him Isaac! We have agreed I am naming our next one (if we have a next one) :)

I like these names:

Sonny
Noah
Jude
Dominic

can't think of any more right now :think:

All a bit hippyfied :)

Sorry, I really, really like Dante, but I probably won't be allowed to have it as my husband hates it, he knows someone called Dante. I also like Darcy as well but won't be allowed that either :rotfl: but that is unisex :lol:

For a boy it is difficult, I would probably try for a compromise name, maybe something like Elijah, Logan or Zak? Just throwing around some ideas, they are not traditional but then not too wacky.

leland is a 1930's old english name but people seem to think its modern as theyve not herd of many lelands ! althought he sometimes gets called leyland if someone doesnt know how to say it .

babsi said:
For a boy it is difficult, I would probably try for a compromise name, maybe something like Elijah, Logan or Zak? Just throwing around some ideas, they are not traditional but then not too wacky.

I like the way you think :D

Jemz I remember you from TTC, so happy you're expecting now, must be really exciting :cheer:

When DH and I were talking about names, we both wanted something unusual, but not too far-out. We both liked traditional (like William, John, etc) but we have a really common surname and didn't want the baby to be the tenth of his name in the classroom or something. So we compromised with an unusual first name and a slightly more common middle name.

Go fool around with some name sites and see what you come up with :D

http://www.thinkbabynames.com/random/1 (random namer, lots are kind of odd but some are cool!)

http://www.babynames.co.uk/Baby_name_generator.htm

Good luck!!

How about picking a more traditional name and then giving him a different 'nickname' as such. Use it as a middle name on the legal stuff, but call him it day to day.

Alice sometimes gets called my little rosie if she is being good :) (rose is a middle name).

Sam&Alice said:
Alice sometimes gets called my little rosie if she is being good :) (rose is a middle name).

Thinking about it, alice gets called everyname under the sun!!!! :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Quill said:
babsi said:

I like the way you think :D

Jemz I remember you from TTC, so happy you're expecting now, must be really exciting :cheer:

When DH and I were talking about names, we both wanted something unusual, but not too far-out. We both liked traditional (like William, John, etc) but we have a really common surname and didn't want the baby to be the tenth of his name in the classroom or something. So we compromised with an unusual first name and a slightly more common middle name.

Go fool around with some name sites and see what you come up with :D

http://www.thinkbabynames.com/random/1 (random namer, lots are kind of odd but some are cool!)

http://www.babynames.co.uk/Baby_name_generator.htm

Good luck!!

hey quill i remember u 2, seems like a lonnnnng time ago hope u well. :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic