Ribs!

carlyr874

Reaction score
Hi all, s'cuse my French but my ribs are bloody killing me!
I am sat down all day at work and unless i sit bolt upright my ribs start aching and it feels as though I have been kicked in them - ouch : (
Anyone got any tips? I try and sit upright but as I am on the phone or using the computer I tend to slouch down a bit without realising it :(

hiya,

ok well i can sympathise. I spent last week in hospital with what turned out to be a broken rib. I've been told it wont heal until i've had the baby because every time he kicks it aggrevates it - and its agony.

Unfortunately, nothing can be done. I take 2 co-codamol every 4 hours to keep the pain under control. (this were prescribed by doctor so double check first i wouldnt want to advise you to do something that might not be the best option for you)

When its reallly bad try laying on your back, you wont feel better at first but after 10 mins it does seem to ease slightly.
Also, kneel up against the sofa, then lower yourself so that your arms and head are resting on the sofa. your bump should be hanging between your body and the sofa. It works in the same way as being on all 4s but i find this more comfortable. The baby will have no choice but to just hang in your stomach which will relieve the pressure on your ribs.

Other than that im afraid the only cure is to have your baby :( and we'll both just have to grin and bear it.
Hope it eases off for you soon but you'll probably be bruised and this will take time to heal so dont expect it to be better after a few days :hug:

where abouts on your ribs is it? mine started hurting inbetween the breasts a bit further down and was extra painfull when i coughed or sneezed, the midwife said it was because of the muscles loosening, it went after a couple of weeks though

keelie_b said:
hiya,

ok well i can sympathise. I spent last week in hospital with what turned out to be a broken rib. I've been told it wont heal until i've had the baby because every time he kicks it aggrevates it - and its agony.

/quote]

Aww Keelie! Poor you, how did it get broken? was it the baby? Thank you for the tips I will definitely try them out, I'm hoping it will improve once i am on maternity and not sat down all day at my desk.

emmie said:
where abouts on your ribs is it? mine started hurting inbetween the breasts a bit further down and was extra painfull when i coughed or sneezed, the midwife said it was because of the muscles loosening, it went after a couple of weeks though

Hi Emmie - the pain seems to be on my lower ribs at on both sides as though the baby is pushing up against them - it is getting worse and is so sore sometimes : (

Oh poor us! lol hugs all round! :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

that sounds like its where bubs has been kicking or punching then, i havent had this a my bubs has been breech the whole time :( at the moment i would love hurting ribs as i would know he was right way up

i thought when your bump dropped the pains were supposed to stop, but i was wrong! they're just as bad as ever, if not a little worse. sometimes i can feel him pressing on my top right rib, specifically there, it feels like he's gonna crack it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back