Rhiannon Joy

girlygirl

Reaction score
Well i will try keep this short as poss, but i can babble on a bit so appologies!

Our little baby girl was born 6th Feb at Warwick Hospital at 3.23pm. Have only just named her so was baby girl for a while.

6th Feb was my original date i had in my head for due date as it was 40 weeks exactly from my last period. Kind of fate as we found out on my father in laws b'day, was 20 weeks exactly on hubbys birthday and would be due on my mums 60th birthday. medical scan date was 9th feb (prob casue of longer cycle.

Anyways Waters went at 3am ish, only a trickle and thought i may have jsut wet myself :oops: :lol: but never done that b4 but as there was some blood i kind of knew it was waters. I woke hubby up and told him. Then my contractions started they were about 8 mins apart for a while then lasting 30 seconds or so. i tried to sleep through but kept timing them so sleep was a no go. At 6am i decided to get up and have a shower and wash my hair. Hubby said to me he was going to go to work (40 mins drive away) :shock: :roll: :shock: :) I think the look on my face told it all :rotfl: he needed do drop somthing important off.men :rotfl:
I dried my hair and had a yougurt tried sitting on birthing ball but hurt as was getting lots of pressure in my butt. Watched gmtv for a bit and called labour ward. who told me to come in as waters had gone. I asked if pool was free and she said yes she will hold it for me.
I called my parents who are in spain 4 winter. wished mum happy 60th adn told her waters went at 3am. she said what am i doing at home then, hurry in to hospital! We left shortly after at 7ish. bumpy car ride but took a steady drive, its only 10 mins away max.
Got there and parked few roads away to avoid car park costs. was sick on walk way with a contraction :puke: a nice nurse asked me if i needed asssistance which i declined.
When i got in there there were about 10 midwives stood around doing nothing on reception all looking at me. (was later told i looked too good to be in labour?!)
They left me in a bed for about an hour b4 i was seen. Contractions were getting so bad that i asked someone for pain releif. they said no they had to assess me 1st they think that i have just got braxton hics and that ive just wet myself :rotfl: :? Was not impressed! Then i stood up and lots more water came out and htey said oh maybe not! Did internal and was 3cm, i thought id be 5 atleast!!!
They took me to private room. 1st thing Eian did was spot a cd player and looked at the cds. 1st one he pics up and said " i dont bloody beleive it" he showed me, it was take thats beautiful world album. :D It hasnt been out my car for 4 months and me and baby have been to 6 concerts and met them all with pics :cheer: Huge fan!!! He puts it on for me and was very relaxing. sure its good 4 baby too as she knows it well.
Then the midwife says that she sees id like a pool birth would i like to go there instead and i said yes.
They filled the pool for me. Found the birth balls there crap. not blown up and some were only as high as my knees?
Im a bit of a stubborn bugger ppl were telling me that id have an epidural and that i would no way just have gas and air or pethadine. but to be honest at that stage it was in agony, couldnt get comfy at all, was thinking it may be epidural but dont want to be proven wrong! :)
Eian was stroking my back and was a great help, it was so relaxing and im not a touchyfeely person so was a bit supprised it helped me.
Took a while to fill up pool and tried every position to get comfy in bed or standing and no good. i was thinking of asking for perthadine but knew i couldnt have pool if i had that.I had some gas and air and found it was useless at 1st.
Saw my community midwife too who said hi and she would be back later to see baby.
Not that much after i got in the pool and was instant releif. was sick in the pool. they cleaned it out for me tho with a bucket. then i got used to gas and air. Oh and hubby bought the cd player and cd with us! so had music playing. then i felt the effect of gas and air and wanted to start dancing....how good would that have looked naked?! :rotfl:
Hubby got a but teary as told me he felt helpless and we had a bit of a moment togheter when i said he was going fab and was very calming and reassuring. He was telling me all along i was doing well and he was proud of me :hug: 8) was lovely. Midwives told him that he should become a midwife himself. :clap:

I got in pool 10ish and by 2 i was ready to start pushing. they did another internal and was told i was 10cm 8)
Then they said that they are taking gas and air off me now to push. apparently i gave the midwife the biggest evil :rotfl: :oops: i never knew they did that!
Pushed for an hour or so had to change positions a few times. when the head came out i saw the black hair and said it looks like a boys head. HAd eians ears. And she had hair. I touched her head and they said carefull not to stimulate her as she may try to take a breath. Eian evern looked! he said he would stay head end. she turned and was odd to see baby and feel it move inside me i was laughing. hurt when shoulders came out tho.
Baby was put strait on me for cuddle. i asked if they saw the sex and they said no so took a look and was suprised it was a girl. Altough i had a feeling it would be hubbys side of family is mainly men.
Had to get out to deliver placenta. that hurt.
Had 2nd degree tear too. tried feeding when they were doing placenta stuff.
Was told she was 7llbs 3. was supprised she was that heavy!

We were left alone to bond and called immediate family in the room from mobiles :D

All in all i think tt album played about 10 times the poor staff if its not thier cup of tea. It helped alot too with music i adore and baby knows. Its a story to tell the tt boys.

All in all i recommend a water birth! i swimmed 3kms a week right up to day b4 birth so kept fit but water was fab. I dont think i could have done it natural without the water.
Next one is a home birth as there is no way id risk not having that pool again. Ill do a lisa n alex and buy one on line :D

Oh my community midwife popped in to see me when baby was born. shes fab. Ive had such great care thoughout pregnancy cannot fault the nhs or warwick hospital at all.

Wanted to go home so had to wait few hours, which were spend texting ppl and calling ppl. baby not interested in food and was jsut content being talked too. the midwives all said that they were amazed i just had gas and air and that i was so quiet all way through labour. i was the talk of the ward as i had pair pinned up and did hair b4 i went in and also did hair hour after birth again. oops, but hey my name says it all!

Thanks to leckershell for updateding 3rd tri :D and giving good advice. thankyou hun.

Here is a pic of our babygirl.
sorry about the nipple one :oops: but hey i sunbathe topless so i dont care :lol:

STA41523.jpg

just after placenta was delivered. how come the hair is done?! i dont remember combing it after i got out pool.
STA41526.jpg

DSC00148.jpg

i snuck in a pink dress just incase it was a girl! hubby pulled out of bag and was like what is this :rotfl: I kind of knew it was a girl from old wives tales and conception dates! but was team green all the way. :D

awww thats a great birth story, congratulations on ur little girl i cnt wait to see the pics xxx

Great birth story :D Well done, you did great. I feel more positive about my labour now, I just hope pool is free when I get to the hospital!

Rhiannon is gorgeous :D

Congratulations she's gorgeous.. and look at you!!! I looked like crap after giving birth.. so jealous :D

Congratulations. Wonderful birth story :D :D :D
Thats the midwife i had :D

congrats, beautiful baby :D noticed you gave birth at warwick hospital - I was booked in there until I moved area, glad to hear that the care was good. :)

cant see pics on here but wanted to say many congrats and im sure shes stunning!!

Wow that's a fab story, quite similar to mine in a lot of ways...

Welcome to the world baby Rhiannon :cheer: what a lovely relaxing setting for you to meet your mummy in :D

Well done chick, congrats x

congrats shes a cutie and i love the name, well done!!!

Ah Shes so gorgeous!!

Also love the names!!!
Rhiannon was one of my orginal choice of names but someone we know has called her girl that so we cant use it :(
and Joy has been the middle name we have picked since we were trying!! Its my mums middle name and both of our nans were calle Joyce!!

That was such a good birth story, i was nearly crying ( i'm all emotional at the minute....lol)

A big congrats on your little girl, shes beautiful xxxx

Congratulations on your little princess! shes gorgeous and nice one on sneaking in the pink dress!!!

Hope everything goes well and the booby feeding works out, congrats again! :cheer:

what a fantastic birth story :hug:

your little girl is absolutely gorgeous :hug:

Congratulations, what a lovely birth story, she is a dear little thing - well done :D

What a fantastic birth story! :D The pool sounds fab!
Rhiannon's beautiful :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back