Baby Jasmine, Born 03.03.08 at 5:00am

crystabell

Reaction score
Here is my birth story and some pics of my little girl Jasmine :dance: :dance:

I started noticing that I was having regular contractions at 02:50 on 01.03.08 which were coming every 10 mins and they a lot stronger than BH's ever did. I managed to sleep for a couple of hours but then I couldn't sleep through them so I got up. Throughout the day I keep feeling the contractions and they were gradually coming down to 8mins, 6mins. When they were about 5mins apart I decided to put my TENS machine on to see if it would help through the contractions. I had rented the Elle Tens machine and it was a great help as I used the boost button through the contractions.

The contractions came a lot closer together to about 2-3mins and they were getting really strong. I decided by 02:30am on 02.03.08 that I wanted to go to hospital and be checked to see if I had dilated and see how the labour was going. I was examined by the midwife at the hospital and she said 'Good News you are in labour and you are 1cm dilated, Bad News is you have to go back home!' I was a bit gutted, I didn't think I would have dilated that much but I couldn't believe I had to go home.

We got back home about 4am and I kept having contractions regular and they were coming stronger so I didn't get any sleep through them. I had a nap for a couple of hours in the evening but was woken up as I was soooo uncomfortable. I rang the hospital to say I was coming back in and they said I couldn't and to get in a bath and take 2 paracetamol!! OH ran me a lovely hot bath with Badedas in and put candles around to relax me. I took off the Tens and got in and it was like heaven the contractions didn't feel so bad and I could just relax throughout the gaps in contractions.

By 8pm I couldn't hold on any longer so I rang the hospital and they agreed that I could come in to be checked. We got to the hospital and was taken to a delivery room to be examined. I had finally reached 3-4cm dilated, I was so glad as I didn't have to go home again. I mentioned to the midwife that I was considering a water birth and she said it was not available at the moment but kindly put me into a different delivery room that had a bath in it and she said I could go in there until the birth pool was free and had been cleaned. The midwife said that she would be back at midnight to examine me again and then she left. I climbed into the bath and felt more at ease. The midwife was brilliant, always coming back to check I was okay and she brought me some Gas and Air which was lovely.

At midnight I was examined again and was told I was now 6cm dilated so everything was progressing nicely. The midwife said that I should deliver before the end of her shift which was at 07:30am. It was good to know but also good that I would have the same midwife as she was lovely and very supportive. I had tremendous back pain throughout and it was getting really intense so the midwife offered to give me 'water blisters.' They are something new that midwives try where they inject your back in 4 separate places with water and it eases the back pain and pain of the contractions. I agreed to have them and she brought in another midwife so I would only feel injections twice instead of 4 times as they would do 1 each at the same time.

The pain was the worst pain I have ever felt in my life when the water blisters were inserted. I was in so much agony and was screaming almost to the point of crying. The next contractions came though and the relief could be felt straight away. The back pain had eased and I was managing a lot better with the contractions. The midwife had brought a birthing ball so I was sat on that gently rocking through the contractions.

At 01:30am I was told I could go to the birthing pool room to have my water birth. We all made our way to the room and the pool was just finished being checked for the temperature. I climbed into the pool but the water blisters wear off in water and the pain in my back came again and I was in horrid pain again. I was only in the water for about 10mins and the pain was just too unbearable even with Gas and Air. The midwife offered to give me and injection instead to help with the pain and I agreed to go ahead with this. I had to get out of the pool as you can't have anything but Gas and Air whilst being in the pool.

After getting out of the pool I climbed onto the bed and was given Diamorphine. The pain was still bad and I was still using Gas and Air but the injection had made me so sleepy that I had my eyes closed for most of the time and was just using Gas and Air through the contractions. I spent the rest of labour like this until I had another internal examination at about 04:30am. The midwife decided that I was ready to push and brought in another midwife to assist me deliver. I was told to push when I felt the pressure in my bum during the contractions. After 20mins of pushing I gave birth to Jasmine at 5am and she was placed straight away onto my chest. I couldn't believe it the feeling of relief was amazing and it was great to not have the contraction and back pains as they all disappeared and I was just soo amazed to see her. I was given an injection to help with the delivery of the placenta and OH cut the cord and the placenta was delivered shortly after. It was finally all over and I had my OH and gorgeous daughter with me.

I have to say OH and my midwife were both fantastic I don't think I would have been able to do it without further pain relief and assistance if it were not for them. They were both really supportive and encouraging and they did a tremendous job keeping me focused. I really appreciate everything they both did to help me during my labour and delivery.

There was some complications after Jasmine's blood results came back, as I am rhesus negative and some antibodies past through to her. I was unaware of the problems this could cause so I will write another post when I have some free time to inform those mothers of what could happen if you are rhesus negative and your baby is a negative blood group that is different to yours.

Here are some pics of my little girl:

Photo0027.jpg

Photo0022.jpg

Jasmine3.jpg

Jasmine2-1.jpg

Jasmine1.jpg

Crystal xx

Congrats - funnily enough my friend had a baby at the end of January and called her Jasmine too - I bought her a jasmine plant for her baby present :D

Aw what a lovely story I've never heard of those blister things before.

Congratulations, she's gorgeous!

I've already congratulated you... but just wanted to say it again CONGRATS HUN!!!

She is a stunner!

Aww congratulations...you had Jasmine on my birthday :cheer: :hug:

Congratulations, she is beautiful.

Love the name Jasmine BTW :)

Congratulations. She is beautiful.

I hope everything is ok with the blood :hug:

Congratulations! Jasmine is really beautiful - and what a lovely name! :hug:

Congratulations! Jasmine is really beautiful - and what a lovely name! :hug:

Gorgeous hun! I'm rhesus neg and would like to read your thread, if u have time to write it :hug:

Gorgeous hun! I'm rhesus neg and would like to read your thread, if u have time to write it :hug:

Many congratulations ....... she is gorgeous :dance: :dance: :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back