Rhian Neve 8th june

midnight

Reaction score
well here it is :)

i had a midwife appointment and was 7 days overdue she said would you like another sweep so i obviously said yes :) she then had a feel of my stomach and said have you been losing any water so i said no!! she said i felt smaller than the week before. when she went to do the sweep she had a very shocked look on her face and said are you sure your not having contractions which i replied no she said well your waters are there i think but you are 3 cm dilating easily stretching to 5cm and if pushed could be stretched more :shock: she then said the babies head is the lowest she has ever felt of someone without the woman being in labour:roll: she said she wanted me in hospital as she was worried that my water could just go and the baby would be there without having the contractions so she rang labour ward to which they said if she is not contracting then we cant admit her because they was busy, so the midwife tried explaining how quick i would be but to no avail she ended up putting the phone down and muttering stupid cow down the phone then saying sorry to me haha so she phone the anti natal ward to see if they will admit me there wa sonly 1 bed available so she told then she wanted that bed no matter what and for me to go on the ctg monitor for static growth hoping that the machine would either pick up contractions or that they would feel my cervix and realise how easily i could end up giving birth at home or worse on the way to hospital sooooo off i went to tell the hubby and collect the kids from school and pick up my mil to watch them.

so the labour part :) we left our house around 4pm and got to the hospital ward without giving birth thankfully they said they would have a read of my notes and come do my obs so about 20 mins later a midwife arrived and did my obs and hooked me up to the monitor after about 5-10 mins on it i started getting tightenings so we called the midwife to let her know and they check and she said oh there no where near strong enough or regular then took me off the monitor. it was tea time on the ward so i had a chicken and stuffing sandwich with a cake for afters haha and sat there munching away happily then the contractions started getting a little stronger so my hubby went to get the midwife again and she was saying well the dr will come and check me over and proberly get me go for a walk for an hour or so to see if they come stronger so we explained that that was not needed as when i go i progress quickly so she agreed to check me before going of on a stupid walk and lo and behold i was 5cm dilated and streched to more so she said i could go to delivery :dance: got there just after 6pm and got in my nighty and was on the gas and air around 6:30 it was bliss, the midwife then spotted it was in my notes to have an iv line put in due to risk of bleeding with her being my 5th baby :( so she stabbed me in my left hand and went straight through the vein causing a huge bubble of blood under my skin to which i told her dont waste that blood i need to have minimum blood loss so i can go straight home haha anyways she decided to get the dr to put the iv line in because i kept joking that she would make me bleed to much and then i would have to stay in so in the dr came and easily put the line in and signed the form so i could have diamorphine which i asked for because the pain was getting a bit nippy so off she went to get it prepared then came back and said she would have to check how far gone i was before she could give it me so i said well i feel like im getting pressure in my bum so best to check but then they had a change over of midwives so she said my new midwives would check me and give it, so as they was going through my notes the contractions got toe curling and i knew i was not goign to get my diamorphine :( so hand over was done and new midwives introduced themselves when my waters went pop this was 7.55pm me being me still had my knickers on :whistle: so i whipped them off and started pushing a few pushe and out her head popped and 1 more push and her body was delivered and born bang on 8pm, she was put straight on me and took a while to cry but after she peed all over me she cried she took a while to pink up due to her speedy delivery so was rubbed down untill she filled her lungs i stayed on the gas and air to push the placenta out and the blood loss was was 50ml if i remember rightly so i was allowed direct dishcharge from delivery :yay: she weighed in at a tiny 6lb 1.5oz and we was in our minibus heading for home for 10pm

she is a little darling and im sooooo in love

so thats us hope you managed to read it all

now for a piccie

Rhian.jpg

Last edited:
Aw lovely, gorgeous name too :) And yes, June Baby ;)

Lxx

Last edited:
Well done Hun nice & quick she's gorgeous xx

Awww so gorgeous!

What a quirky birth story lol I would expect nothing less from you tho Midnight lol

So glad she arrived safe and well!

2 hours and home - you lucky thing you bet the kids were over the moon xx

Well done again midnight! she is gorgeous!! xx

Chuffed for you missus! She's lovely :) So whens the next baby???? :lol:

Awww so gorgeous!

What a quirky birth story lol I would expect nothing less from you tho Midnight lol

So glad she arrived safe and well!

2 hours and home - you lucky thing you bet the kids were over the moon xx

i had to fill in the gaps otherwise it would of been very short lol the kids was well suprised to see us get up with a baby :)

Well done again midnight! she is gorgeous!! xx

thank you for being a fab text buddy :) xxx

Chuffed for you missus! She's lovely :) So whens the next baby???? :lol:

erm dont make me swear lol i think 5 is enough

Last edited:
Congrats Midnight she's gorgeous! :) And great birth story :D xx

Aw... congratulations hunni... She is so adorable :).

Amy xx

Congratulations!! She looks adorable!! xx

Aww brilliant. Well done hun! What a gorgeous pic. Hope y'all are settled in back at home and alls going well. x

Oh she is just beautiful!!! Love her name, congrats Hun and well done!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back