Would you phone midwife?

Becc

Reaction score
Found out recently that I am Rhesus Negative and midwife has explained about extra blood tests, injections etc.

Anyway, just been looking through my maternity notes and the official form that comes from the blood place in Manchester has got my surname spelled wrong. It's only by one letter but I thought that blood group is really important and this is an official document. Would you call the midwife and ask her if it's ok to leave it or whether it needs to be changed? :think:

I would wait until my next appointment then ask them to change it :)

Also sorry about the extra blood tests and injections!

Yeah think I will ask at next appointment rather than making a big fuss over it :think:

Not too bothered about having blood taken but I'm definitely not a fan of injections! :talkhand:

I blame my mum as my dad is Rhesus positive!! :lol:

do you see your midwife soon?

is everything else right on the form date of birth address etc?

i would tend to leave a message with the mw and just make sure its not an unreasonable suggestion to think there could be a mix up and yes like you say spelling and all numbers are very important on those forms

I think it's just a mistake with whoever typed in my details at the blood bank place in Manchester as everything else is fine... address, date of birth, GP etc.

Just from working at the hospital I know that anything to do with transfusions/blood products has to be absolutely spot on and I don't want them to start saying they can't give me my Anti-D because of a typo!

im rh negative too hun.. and due my 1st lot of injectoins in 2 weeks so not looking forward to them

Becc said:
I think it's just a mistake with whoever typed in my details at the blood bank place in Manchester as everything else is fine... address, date of birth, GP etc.

Just from working at the hospital I know that anything to do with transfusions/blood products has to be absolutely spot on and I don't want them to start saying they can't give me my Anti-D because of a typo!

the labs are so anal about that i would def let the midwife know asap. i remember i was recalled for a whack of bloods in last pregnancy cos they missed one letter off my surname and the lab wouldn't accept it. :wall:

I can join the club...I am a rheus negative too! Can anyone tell me what exactly is involved with the injections and how often etc?
Heatherlucie :wave:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back