Reviews/suggestions for a pram...

mrswoody

Reaction score
So I had decided on the Silver Cross 3D but I wasn't thinking practically and now I am back to the drawing board on what I want! This is driving hubby nuts so we are off this weekend to have a final play around.

I am downsizing one of our cars so to save money on fuel/tax and we're looking at getting a Citreon C1/Toyata Aygo, (we have a bigger car too so confident whatever pram we choose will fit in this one) so ideally pram and carseat need to be able to fit in this if I was ever to be out and about in it while hubby is at work etc

I want something lightweight, 4 wheels preferably, compact and that won't break the bank (our inlaws are kindly buying our pram for us), will last a while and good on all surfaces. Not too much to ask right?

So far I have looked at (not tried these yet but will be this weekend)
Graco Evo
Mothercare Orb
Mamas and Papas Sola

So can I please have your recommendations as I am totally stumped! If only there was a tool where I put in what I want and it tells me which pram is the best for me!

Thank you xx

I'm very interested in the graco evo I really liked it and loved how light it is. I'm swaying between that and the quinny buzz but hubby said the buzz feels cheap lol
With the graco evo it's only in lime green or black at the min but in spetember there's a red and a black/cream one coming out. Think we'll get the red ine. I liked the lime but hubby hated it lol

Pram is a dirty word in my house LOL!

We're not getting on well with the whole choosing of the pram :shock:

xxxxxxx

Lol it's such a big thing though isn't it I mean if u end up not likin the nursery furniture it's not a huge problem but the pram u use everyday! I'm scared to commit lol

I really like the lime green but as we are team yellow do you think It would be a good colour for a girl too? Hubby likes this one too and I know Graco are really good and reliable.

Nat I have seen your deamons choosing a pram, I'm not quite at your stage yet but may well be after this weekend. It's such a big thing to buy and once it's bought that's it.
I'm scared to commit as well!

I think we're now going for black as every colour we've looked at we cannot agree if it's OK for team yellow?

So our little baby will cook come next summer :roll:

xxxxxxxx

I think the best thing to do is go pram shopping a few times, make a shortlist and go back to revisit things you initially liked!

We have a pram, now it's just colour that is holding us up!

xxxxxxxx

I had so much stress with my pram, I originally went with the oyster but that was about £500 time everything was bought - but I changed my mind to the Bonito Bebe, which is really similar and you get everything with it from the pramcentreonline.co.uk for £329 as its on offer, I have a local pram centre but you can order and pay online.

I chose red for the bonito but you can get black aswell. It folds really small and you even get the matching carseat to clip to the chassis xxxxx

I have the 3d and I love it . I think the mamas and papas sola is a beautiful pram thou xxxx

Im gutted cos were using the pram from my first (silvercross 3d, prob an older version as is 3 1/2 years old) , dont get me wrong theres nothing wrong with it, i just like the ones u can have facing both ways.. Aye well i thought i was missing out on the pram shopping exitement, maybe im saving myself some stress lol x

Im gutted cos were using the pram from my first (silvercross 3d, prob an older version as is 3 1/2 years old) , dont get me wrong theres nothing wrong with it, i just like the ones u can have facing both ways.. Aye well i thought i was missing out on the pram shopping exitement, maybe im saving myself some stress lol x

Exactly the same!! We have that one, and it was great for where we were living, ground floor flat, no car. But may have a car by the time this one comes, and it's pretty big and heavy, plus doesn't fold down so easy when it's being a pram (rather than push chair). But we may just have to make do...!

I was going to go with the silver cross 3d but personally I didnt like it as a buggy and I wanted something that I could clip the carseat onto.

They are really nice though - I had picked a charcoal grey and orange trim :) xxxxx

I've been looking at the quinny zapp xtra as a smaller replacement for the pram I already have. You can clip a maxi cosi car seat on to it and from what I have seen it has good reviews and is. Very small and compact xx

Exactly the same!! We have that one, and it was great for where we were living, ground floor flat, no car. But may have a car by the time this one comes, and it's pretty big and heavy, plus doesn't fold down so easy when it's being a pram (rather than push chair). But we may just have to make do...!

I had a ford ka first time, it was hillarious, i had to put one seat down with pram coming thru and carseat had to go infront as it had to be passenger side to fit.. Luckiy ive got 7 seater with boot this time lol x

I was going to go with the silver cross 3d but personally I didnt like it as a buggy and I wanted something that I could clip the carseat onto.

They are really nice though - I had picked a charcoal grey and orange trim :) xxxxx

The carseat clips on on mine ? Gutted cos i wanted to use it as the proper pram but lo wouldnt lay down so tended to use it as carseat, fingers crossed this one will so that bit gets some use lol x

its the look of it as a buggy aswell though, I didnt know the seat could go on - I prefer the kind of ones with like the silver chassis - but they are really nice, and cosey looking too! xxxxx

I really like the Mamas and Papas Sola and you can get it with a green or red hood too both colours are good for team yellow. I think you cant go wrong with reds and greens if you are yellow. Also, they aren't very common round my way so not chavvy looking LOL :lol:

I meant to say sorry, its the Bonito Bebe Boardwalk 3in1.

I realised that I could have been on about any Bonito Bebe.

The red isnt too common round my way either thats why I have picked red although I have read its popular in other places. I was quite suprised xxxx

I like the mothercare spin which has now been discontinued and is now replaced with mothercare orb!! And the graco evo also! Goin to have a play with both soon as most local store didnt have them. Xxx

We've got the oyster that folds quite small and the wheels come off really easily if you're stuck for space.

There's a choice of car seats that fit- britax and maxi cosi and there's loads of colours to choose from

We were team yellow so waited til baby arrived to order the colour packs as the carry cot comes in black as standard

We got pram, carrycot, car seat and isofix base for £510 x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back