Advice needed asap

Annie050408

Reaction score
Hi all

DH and I have sold our car and are going to view a 5 door micra tomorrow (1998 model).

Basically we just need a cheap runaround that is reasonably reliable. I know the boot won't be big but I am wondering how to find out if the pram chassis will fit in the boot.

I can't bring the pram with me tomorrow as I have to go from South upt to North London on various modes of public transport to see the car and don't think hauling an empty pram up there is a great idea. I have the dimensions of the chassis but can't find the dimensions of the micra boot online.

Does anyone on here drive one and able to let me know how big/small the boot is?

I just don't want to buy a car then find out that the pram won't fit in it!

I drive a 2003 Nissan micra. The boots not got he best space but I have managed to put a 3 whelker pram in there... Did have to wiggle the wheel about a bit.

Plus I have managed to fit a medium sized dog crate in there... With a bit of force!

We are buying a mothervre spin pram and that will fit just fine. If you can post a pic/link to the pram you've got the. I can give you an idea on if it's likley to fit... Think the micras all pretty much have the same boot space.x

I have a mothercare spin too- it's brilliant by the way!!

Is this the shape you have?
APS_1998-2002_micra%205%20porte%20hayon.jpg

By the way we got our spin from an online stockist which sells ex-demo prams and it is perfect- like new and with all the attachments for just £280 inc delivery.

Wow, what colour did you get?

No, my car is more bubbled shape then that. That being said the way te spin folds up you are
not goig to have a problem fitting it in the car you want! Even if you had to you could lie the one seat down to fit it in.

What you Gould do is collapse the spin and measure it's size. When you go to see the car take a tape meassure with u and see if the measurement you hve for the pram will fit in! Though I am sure it will.x

Thanks for the link!

I think it should be fine, but nothings 100% until you see that boot!

We used to have a micra that looked like that (although I think it was a few years older) and our bugaboo bee fitted into it withouth any problems. I actually think that the older ones have slightly more space as we thought of buying the new micra but decided against it because of the size of the boot.

That's great- thanks for your help- well we will go along armed with the dimensions of the chassis of the pram and see if it all measures up.

I got a call at 2pm from the guy to say he'd sold the car to someone else- I'm gutted because it looked like a great deal and don't understand why he didn't call me to see if I wanted to come sooner before the other person since I was the first person who showed interest. Back to the drawing board! :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back