restless legs

annie4

Reaction score
i have been suffering from this for about 2 weeks - it strikes as you try to sit down/rest/sleep and means you feel the need to constatly move your legs - result is very little sleep - i cant find any treatment available during pregnancy - apparently 1 in 5 women suffer from this in the 3rd tri - anyone else out there have it and have some answers please :pray:

I've always had it....even when not bein preggers! Its horrible...I havent came up with any solutions tho! :x

Other than chopping your feet off! :shock:

Ive had it on occassions, but not on a regular basis. I also get it when OH is stroking my feet, which I usually love but I always feel like Im gonna kick him involuntary now :(

I remember a few months back seeing a similar thread and one person (i cant remember who... :think: ) found those long flight socks worked. I dont know if they'll work for you too :hug:

I think topbird had this problem - and found that drinking tonic water in the evenings helped (it contains quinine, I think).

I hope that helps you!

Valentine xxx

thanks - off to buy flight socks and tonic water - how attractive will i look in bed tonight :D

Hi

I found out mine was linked to iron deficiency in the end although quinine did help. (bitter lemon has it in too or your GP can prescribe quinine tablets too)

Are you on iron tablets or had your iron levels checked recently - I guess you are due/ just had your 28 week bloods done?

If you or some one else fancies treating you then Clarins do a great lotion called "energising emulsion" which you rub all over your legs and then put your feet up, it is marvellous stuff too.

I had restless legs really bad and then I got put on iron tablets and I haven't had them since.

my iron levels were fine last time they were checked but doc pres some anyway as i was a bit low after dd was born (4yrs ago) - i read on the net that iron levels could do this - how long is it before iron begins to work??
are qunine tablets safe to take when pregnant??
thanks everyone - im off to boots to interview the pharmacist - ill let u know what they say

yes - quinine tablets are safe but you are better off trying iron. I found it worked pretty quickly after a couple of days they made a difference and I have not had it since.

i really hope the iron kicks in for me too - the pharmacist at boots wouldnt give me anything :wall: - i'll try the tonic water and another iron tablet - if there is no improvement i will make an appointment to see the doc- thanks for all the support

i found drinking some cold milk from fridge :D helped me till i had to go on iron tablets :x :evil:

I had this problem for a short while, and I realised it was when I'd slacked off on taking my pregnacare tablets (hadn't had any for a week or so) so I started trying to remember them again and haven't had the problem since.
Could be coincidence, but seemed to work for me.

I just hate this thing! But, what I found: it never happens if I had a soak in bath before going to sleep! And always happens when I don' t. So now, every evening, instead of a shower I am having a bath! :) Pure bliss :) And you can try adding some relaxing essential oil. Really helps!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back