Restless Leg Syndrome

x-kirsty-x

Reaction score
I've read about this being common in pregnancy and I think Im suffering from it :think:

When Im lying on the settee or in bed my legs always itch/tingle...hard to explain really but its SO annoying and it doesnt go away unless I walk around. Then when I sit down it starts again.

Its not so bad during the day but by the evening it starts and its really doing my head in, OH cant even get a good nights sleep cos Im always thrashing my legs about :lol:

Has anyone heard of it? Please say Im not making it all up :lol:

Yes - I have!
I used to get it after walking around shopping centres all day (no where else - just shoping centres?) and it would keep me up all night, but I don't know how you get rid of it :( Sorry :(

Maybe try some yoga or relaxation techniques?

i get this when i'm trying to get sleep :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

ahhhhh it's so fooking anoying... i didn't know it had a name, i need help too :x :x

I suffer from it too Kirsty....my DF thinks it hilarious as my legs twitch & shake but it p's me off!!! You're not imagining it hun, try to keep your legs slighty elevated in bed too - that helps as you don't wanna have to keep getting out of bed to get rid of the sensation.

:hug:

It's a recognised thing! I've had it a little but only for a few hours every now and again in the evenings!

In the US (where I am) they even advertise medication for it! Don't worry, you're not alone! perhaps you should speak to your doc if it's keeping your or your SO awake?!

Yeah my husband does it, mostly when watching TV or sitting at a dinner table etc.

It pretty darn annoying! Doesn't bother him though, I guess he's used to it!

i have always had it, its soooooo anoying. i have to sleep with my legs up in the air resting on a bean bag to stop them anoying me

My OH has this real bad.....he's looked all over...he found that taking magnesium may help (not sure if this is ok in pregnancy or not) theres a new product out for it, maybe go and see your GP?

I do sympathise though... it absolutley drives him up the wall :(

Wow I didnt realise it was so common! At least I wont feel stupid asking the doctor about it now :)

i got this too,i end up shouting at myself at night and throwing a paddy in the bed.nothing works for me x

Yep - got this too... I also had no idea how commn it is. I am constantly moving, stretching and itching my legs in the evening I just cannot get them comfortable

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back