Refusing milk!!

sarahlouise86

Reaction score
So the past week or so tylers been fussy with milk but the past few days he's got worse! He's only taking like 3-4oz in the morning and night then during the day its only like 2oz each bottle. It's driving me mad as he still needs his milk. I know he's teething at the mo,any ideas what i could do to make him drink more?xx

If hes teething have you tried anbesol before a feed? Some say to do 30 mins before but I usually do it 5 mins and it does the trick. My girl will only have hot milk so maybe temperature is an issue? Too hot or too cold maybe irritaring his wee gums? Sorry if youve tried this. I literally tried everything when daisy grace went off milk all together but hers wasnt teeth. Just last week tho she started to fuss and I thought oh no! But anbesol done the trick so it must have been teeth this time. Xx

tapatalking

How many bottles does he have a day and what's his daytime routine?
I posted not long back about Ethan not wanting his milk. He was having a bottle at 7am, 4pm & 7pm.. The ladies suggested changing his 4pm bottle to a late morning bottle instead.. He now has a bottle at 7am, 11am & 7pm and takes loads more milk than before! He's still not a huge milk fan, but most days I manage to get up to 24oz down him (including milk in food) plus three meals. He has a small(ish) breakfast to not fill him up too much for the 11am bottle, then a big lunch to see him through until his dinner, then a smaller dinner to not fill him up too much for his bedtime bottle - if that makes sense?!

Xx

If hes teething have you tried anbesol before a feed? Some say to do 30 mins before but I usually do it 5 mins and it does the trick. My girl will only have hot milk so maybe temperature is an issue? Too hot or too cold maybe irritaring his wee gums? Sorry if youve tried this. I literally tried everything when daisy grace went off milk all together but hers wasnt teeth. Just last week tho she started to fuss and I thought oh no! But anbesol done the trick so it must have been teeth this time. Xx

tapatalking

I'm using anbesol at the moment,it's a struggle to get it in his mouth tho as he just shuts his lips n moves his head abt lol. I've tried to just give ur warm and cold but doesn't make a difference. I'm going to the docs at half 10 so will see if its anything more than teething xx

I posted not long back about Ethan not wanting his milk. He was having a bottle at 7am, 4pm & 7pm.. The ladies suggested changing his 4pm bottle to a late morning bottle instead.. He now has a bottle at 7am, 11am & 7pm and takes loads more milk than before! He's still not a huge milk fan, but most days I manage to get up to 24oz down him (including milk in food) plus three meals. He has a small(ish) breakfast to not fill him up too much for the 11am bottle, then a big lunch to see him through until his dinner, then a smaller dinner to not fill him up too much for his bedtime bottle - if that makes sense?!

Xx

Tyler has bottles at 7ish,12,4 and 8 but I'm trying to cut the 12 out and give water/juice and move the 4pm to 3pm. He has breakfast at 9,lunch abt 1 then dinner at 5.30. I'm lucky to get between 16 n 18 oz into him a day.xx

Xx

Tyler has bottles at 7ish,12,4 and 8 but I'm trying to cut the 12 out and give water/juice and move the 4pm to 3pm. He has breakfast at 9,lunch abt 1 then dinner at 5.30. I'm lucky to get between 16 n 18 oz into him a day.xx

Hmm 18oz a day isn't too bad, I think that's the minimum they advise for this age group. If its been a sudden change in milk intake it probably is his teeth playing him up.. I find myself most days topping his milk up with lots of fromage frais, cheese, milk in cereal & in cooking xx

Xx

Hmm 18oz a day isn't too bad, I think that's the minimum they advise for this age group. If its been a sudden change in milk intake it probably is his teeth playing him up.. I find myself most days topping his milk up with lots of fromage frais, cheese, milk in cereal & in cooking xx

Yeah its just been lately plus I've noticed his gums look really sore at the moment aswell. He eats yoghurt,cheese n that. Will see how he is plus seeing my hv on Thursday xx

I found on 4 bottles Aaron would be really fussy and would take more milk across 3 bottles iykwim?

He's now being fussy with his midday bottle and not got a clue what to do about that :wall2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back