Dropping milk feeds

ZMD

Reaction score
Tegan is 6 and a half months old and on 3 meals a day, she's never drunk a great deal of milk But she's getting worse! today she's only had 15oz Im worried she's Not getting enough But don't know how to try and increase it? she's Lactose intolerant so yogurt etc is out of the question. this is how todays been
7am 4oz bottle
8am breakfast made with 2oz milk
12pm 1oz
1pm lunch
3.30pm 3oz
4.30pm tea
7.30pm 5oz
any suggestions? x

I wish I knew how much Isla was drinking so I could compare.

Today
Fed at 8
Breakfast at 9
Fed at 9:30(!)
Fed at 12:00
Lunch at 1
Fed at 4
Tea at 5:15
Feed feed feed feed lol

I'm trying to reduce boob feeds at the moment as I think I'm over feeding her. Hope someone else can help!

Emma x

i think If i was still breastfeeding Tegan would drink more lol! she hates her milk and every day she drinks a little bit less x

I think you can get vitamin drops from your HV if your LO doesn't have enough milk x

I think you can get vitamin drops from your HV if your LO doesn't have enough milk x

I'll ask the hv on friday at baby group i did mention to her last week that she isn't drinking hardly any milk and all she said was try and get her to drink more (how helpful!) x

I'm going to ask the Dietician about some sort of supplement too.

Is there a 'follow on' version of the milk that Tegan is on? My understanding is that follow on milks have extra vitamins and minerals (I might be wrong!). Again, I'm going to ask the Dietician about this.

As you know, I know how you feel - I hate it when Isla does a 1oz feed!

Looks like she's ready to drop her 12pm bottle but she might start taking more at her next 3.30pm bottle x.

I don't think 1oz was worth the bother as even that was a fight! they only need about 8oz a day of follow on milk But there isn't a follow on Lactose free formula x

Just to add charley started drinking less milk so I took a bottle out of his routine so he's only having 3 bottles a day and now he drinks 8oz bottles at each feed instead of 6-7oz's.
His routine is
7.00am bottle
7.45am breakfast
11.00am bottle
12.30pm lunch
Has a snack sometime in the afternoon
4.30pm dinner
6.30pm bedtime bottle

Looks like she's ready to drop her 12pm bottle but she might start taking more at her next 3.30pm bottle x.

That's what i was thinking i may try Not giving her it tomorrow and see what happens xx

At Drakes 7 month development assessment my HV said that as he's on 3 meals a day, 3 bottles a day will be fine. So a feed when he wakes between 6-7am, breakfast at 9 ish. Dinner at 11.30-12ish. Feed at 2pm. Dinner at 5pm and bottle at bedtime at 8pm. She said he only needs about 20ozs now.

I'll ask the hv on friday at baby group i did mention to her last week that she isn't drinking hardly any milk and all she said was try and get her to drink more (how helpful!) x

That's what they used to say to me when zac was bad with his milk, how are you supposed to make them drink more when they don't want to?! X

Well i cut out the lunch time bottle today and this is how its gone
6.30am 6oz
breakfast with 2oz
11.30am lunch
2.30pm 7oz
4.30pm tea
so much better already thanks for advising me to do that Chaz! x

Your prob find she'll take more at bedtime too and might sleep longer tonight. Glad it worked x x

I'll let you know what she takes at bedtime, she's sleeping quite well Atm 7.30 till 6 is Charley still sleeping through? x

Yeah since dropping down to 3 bottles a day but 8oz bottles and 3 meals, he goes 6.30-6.30! Can't believe it considering how bad he used to be x x

Yay well done Charley!
Tegan drank 7oz before bed in so pleased that's 22oz including her milk mixed with her breakfast thanks again Hun xx

Well done Tegan! We're still on 4 bottles a day - every 4 hours - like Tegan used to be and Isla's doing 20oz or over every day plus a few ounces in her food.

Well done Tegan! We're still on 4 bottles a day - every 4 hours - like Tegan used to be and Isla's doing 20oz or over every day plus a few ounces in her food.

Well done Isla Im so pleased she's drinking more milk and eating her food x

twinkle84
PF Savvy

Thanks Given: 73

I'm Currently Feeling:

Follow on milk?!
Yesterday, 20:40 PM * #1
Sorry to hijack your thread but ive had no responses :-(and its kinda same thing?! My LO been weaning few weeks and is on aptimal forumal! He has a 7oz bottle at 7am, lunch at 11am with 5oz bottle, tea at 3pm with 5oz and 8oz at 7pm just before bed! Does this seem ok? I'm not sure how long he should still have the milk feeds for? Sorry bit dumb? Any help?? Also I thought he had the first aptimal milk until 12 month but it says follow on is from 6month? I'm confused!! Which should I use? Thanks xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back