Not taking milk in evenings

DW1978

Reaction score
I'm struggling to get Jax to have milk in the evening and before bed. Today he's had 3oz at 7.15am, 4.5oz at 11.30am, then had a 5oz feed at 2.40pm. Then he started to get really cranky at about 5.15pm so I tried him with another bottle but he only drank 2oz. I've just taken him up to bed and tried to top him up before he went down but he's just so tired he's not interested and wouldn't even take another oz.

Any ideas as to what I can do to get him to take more?

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

He sounds just like my Jack!! Even now at 7 months he just about manages 5oz 4 times a day!! I tried everything when he was tiny, (he only had 2oz per feed max until he was 3.5mths) and nothing worked so we resigned ourselves to him being a 'little and often baby'. When he started weaning he started to become more regular with his feed times and now takes 4-5oz most feeds.

I'm not really sure if there's anything you can do for Jax. We just went with the flow and let Jack decide what he wanted.

Sorry I can't be of more help x

I wondered if he was just more of a grazer, rather than a big eater. He was last weighed at 12 weeks at 14lbs 6oz and is on the 75th centile for both height and weight so he must be getting what he needs. It just means I'm up a couple of times in the night as he's hungry then!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using Tapatalk

I was gonna say maybe he's just little and often ..... Or a change of formula? But I know nothing about formula so maybe that's a daft suggestion x

My lo is like that - little and often, I have given up. Can you try hungry baby milk for evening to see if it helps?

Jack was weighed 2 weeks ago just before he turned 7 months and he only weighed 16lb 1oz!! He's pretty slim but is happy, healthy & strong and eats 3 good meals a day so we're not worried. He's just never been very interested in milk.

Maybe Jax will be like Jack and up his oz's when he starts weaning?! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back