reflux

kazzie-bo

Reaction score
hi everyone :wave: :wave:

adams reflux has seemed to be worse these last 2 or 3 days and i have a couple of q's

is there any food i should be avoiding that makes reflux worse? have just started drinking fresh orange with my breakfast but apart from that nothing else has changed.

also he has now (finally :clap: ) reached 10lb, do i need to increase his gaviscon? he is having one sachet with every feed (no more than 6 per 24 hours)

thanks
kaz x

I would check with your doc before increasing the dose. Can't help with the feeding side of things but hope it's better soon :hug:

I had to bottle feed because of the acid reflux... meant he would not suck because of the pain - he still wudnt suck a bottle, but it didnt hurt my nipples. And he could not keep breast milk down... gav didnt work.

So I cant help as far as thats concerned.

See the Doc before upping the dose. Have they refured you to a pead?

hi have seen the doc and she has doubled his gaviscon and he is much better now....only thing is now he is having trouble pooing :roll: :roll:

kaz x

I was told to avoid citrus fruits while I am breastfeeding by the doctor because that produces acid

kazzie-bo said:
hi have seen the doc and she has doubled his gaviscon and he is much better now....only thing is now he is having trouble pooing :roll: :roll:

kaz x

Dr can prescribe Lactulose to help LO with pooping. OR you can try getting come cooled boiled water in him - though DS never managed to keep it down. But its worth a try...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back