Reflux

*Hope*

Reaction score
My baby has it :(

We were getting really worried as the last few days she had been being sick a lot and crying much more, plus wasnt sleeping very well.

Last night and this morning were awful, when the health visitor called i burst into tears on the phone!! she suggested the docs staright away, so we took her this morning and he diagnosed it.

so we have baby gaviscon to put in her milk, and we have already noticed a huge improvement so far today, PHEW!

Anyone else had this with theirs?? xx

Yes Hun we did, we tried everything as baby gaviscon just didn't touch him, he ended up on thinkened feeds but he was diagnosed much later. I just thought that it was normal for baby to cry alday and be sick alot :blush: it was my SIL that cottoned on to it. Also try to keep upright after meals, we found that we had to prop the mattress end up

Really hope the gaviscon gets on top of it, she will grow out of it try not to stress :hugs:

When i was nannying a little boy he had it. Gaviscon didn't work for him either....he had to have thickened feeds too. He only had it till he was just over 1. But after feeds he was better when sitting. Milky things like choc pudding and rice pudding etc made him worse. If he stayed clear of it her was generally ok.

we have to give Jasper gaviscon :( it constipates him but we only give him some in the morning and some in the evening rather than all day... it really does help him the poor sausage :(

We had this with Charlie and he grew out of it at 12 months. He didnt tolerate Gaviscon as it gave him really bad stomach aches and constipation so we did some research and came across a milk formula called SMA Staydown, its a thicker formula that helps it to stay in the stomach.

We bought the first tin to try it and it was a huge improvement so we mentioned it to the MW who asked the GP to prescribe it and we collected a prescription for a case of 6 tins as and when we needed it!!!
Might be worth a try if all else fails.

wow thankyou for this. she has been constipated too since going on it. i will go back to the docs and find out about that sma thickener thing then

Cow and gate do a formula that's easy to digest too, give me two mins and I'll find the name

Cow and gate comfort, you can buy it in boots and don't need a prescription it's the same price as there normal formula. I've heard good things about it

Yer we did with Caitlin and although gaviscon helped I have to warn you for us it never really stopped until she was up and about on her feet properly (like my HV said would happen). Lots of bibs and rags!

x

The little muscle at the top of babys stomach isn't strong enough to keep the contents there

i asked my doctor to prescrice SMA staydown but he cant apparently :(

shes still on the gaviscon but im thinking of buying her the sma staydown myself next week when we run out of sma gold!

i would try that comfort one but im scared to switch brands incase she has a reaction or something?

We moved to cow & gate 2, its slightly thicker than cow & gate 1 (originally we were SMA).

Lucas has reflux too. He was prescribed gaviscon, it helped a bit but not enough. The doctor then prescribed nutramigen milk and also renitadine (sp?) all three combined seem to help him but he's not cured. Problem is he has started refusing the prescription milk, don't blame him coz it stinks lol so were weaning him back onto SMA gold. Hope his reflux doesn't flair up again xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back