Reflux mummies

l_maclean

Reaction score
I dunno what to do. HV was adamant that G has reflux - she does fuss at the breast sometimes, bobbing on and off, sometimes with a wee cry. She doesn't sick up much, and isn't particularly uncomfy if lying down.

If she starts bobbing, and I move her to wind her, she doesn't seem to want to go back on, sometimes will if
I offer, but is generally content.

Problem is I've noticed that my expressing is lower tonight, that coupled with her lack of weight gain, I'm worried.

She doesn't cry in pain with the reflux, but screamed bloody murder on gaviscon.

We have doc on Thursday, and I'm looking for advice on what to ask/allow. I'm really not keen for her to go back on gaviscon but I'm thinking we need to do something!!

Xxx

hmmm - maybe its not reflux??

Does LO have any other reflux type symptoms, I know alot are colic symptoms but certains ones point more to reflux, like...hiccups, wet burps, arching neck & back, excessive slabbers, spitting up bubbly saliva??

It could well be a problem with supply?? What is LO doing when bobbing about? Is she kinda moaning too or waving hands about.

I really hope you get the answers & agree, pointless with the gaviscon if it isn't working, I know it causes constipation, but its only worth putting up with if the reflux is worse if that makes sense

Hope LO is better soon

xxxxxxxxxx

Could it be something as simple as her being a lazy latcher?

It could be lazy latch, but i use shields cos she won't latch to me -never has.

She gets hiccups quite a lot, but I'd say that's the only thing. She isn't a huge fan of sleeping on her back, but loves lying wriggling on her changing mat, she's spitting up a bit more now than she used to, but IMO its not excessive - more like with a burp after a feed. She sleeps really well at night, especially for being bf.

The gaviscon just seemed to make her scream in pain. Although I'm a bit worried that it could have been her bowels being just slightly thicker that caused that cos doc said its odd that both lots do it.

Xxx

With the bobbing, she sometimes grumps a bit.

The only thing that I'd say specifically looks like reflux, is she retched sometimes without actually being sick.

Xxx

It's difficult to say from the way you describe it - might be reflux, but then again might not... Sorry, I know this isn't very helpful! If the Gaviscon doesn't agree with her maybe your GP could prescribe something else? Mine won't, but you can always try your luck, and then if that works at least you'll know for sure that she's got reflux!

Yeah like the girls have said it is hard to say, with kayla she screams in paiin when she gets reflux but im sure she could have a mild version and not painfull enough to make her cry,

Defo could be the gaviscon giving her cramps cos it tickens it all up even when kayla has a lot of water to help the constipation she still gets crampy pains i think but not like colic cos she will just cry for a little bit then be ok and usually about an hour after her bottle

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back