Reflux

Zoeox

Reaction score
Does anyone have any advice for Reflux.
Guessing my LO definately has reflux as HV said before it may be reflux and that was it. He's having gaviscon but its still not a real help, only stops the sickness a little. My nan suggested today giving him baby rice but I've read contradicting advice on wonderful google...
What would you ladies suggest to help LO??x

Sorry to hear this

My LO has severe reflux its silent (he isn't sick) its just the acid that comes up, but its still the same things to reduce it ect. Hold upright while feeding & for 30 mins after, if bottle feeding, go for smaller more frequent meals. Try not to have LO in a position that will squash their stomach, some car seats/buggies/baby rockers. Baby should be flat but elevated majority of time. Reflux is when the stomach contents slosh about in the stomach & come back up, hense why to keep LO still, so when LO goes onto solids the stomach contents aren't as runny if that makes sense, the same principle as gaviscon, thickens up the contents. But I think your LO still a bit too young to wean, i'd defo wait a couple more months.

xxxxxx

if the gaviscons not helping id go back to doc - there are other meds you can get, like ranitadine or domperidone. im with LM, i think 5 weeks is too soon. xxx

ps - ive just realised that your LO has same birthday as G - how did i miss that!! lol

Last edited:
Hi hun
My Lo has this. Gaviscon didnt work so we were refered to a paediatrician. He is now on lacto free milk and 2 meds: domperidone and ranitidine
He sleeps on a steep wedge at 30 degree angle and in a safety sleep wrap to stop him sliding down the cot. This makes a huge difference.
We have been advised to wean but only from 17 weeks as their stomachs arent mature enough until then.
We are starting tomorrow with a small portion of rice.

Hi hun
My Lo has this. Gaviscon didnt work so we were refered to a paediatrician. He is now on lacto free milk and 2 meds: domperidone and ranitidine
He sleeps on a steep wedge at 30 degree angle and in a safety sleep wrap to stop him sliding down the cot. This makes a huge difference.
We have been advised to wean but only from 17 weeks as their stomachs arent mature enough until then.

Where did you get the safety sleep wrap??

xxxxxxx

I Think my little girl has this as well! Will see a doctor if se doesn't improve this week.

Will be stalking this thread!!

xx

I was definitely thinking he's too young yet. we go on holiday on Thursday and don't think we will fetal seen at doctors, he seems a bit better today also so when we are back from holiday ill be heading to the doctors then we will be able to keep a check will keep looking here for advice though xx

Hi hun

Where did you get the safety sleep wrap??

xxxxxxx

if you go to www.babyreflux.co.uk they have them on there :)

if he likes it, try and put him in a sling on you during the day... it will keep him upright and the heat from you on his tummy will do him good

Im struggling with reflux too. We've got baby gaviscon, annoying as he's breastfed & so it's such a faff & he hates it and spits it out. Also tried Zantac which seems to settle him a bit but he still has sick coming up constantly if he lies on his back & he gets really uncomfortable & chokes on it, also seems to get into his nose & he gets all snuffly & can't breath properly. The only way he'll sleep at the moment is on my chest which isn't ideal! I've been reading about osteopathy for babies, some say it can really help with reflux, has anyone tried this? I'm thinking it might be worth a try. Apparently c section babies are more prone to reflux as they don't straighten out properly in the birth canal, which is why osteopathy can help. I had an emergency c section so makes sense I guess, anyone else found this?

My LO was born with cord wrapped round his neck twice i've read that this can cause reflux but the doc's didn't confirm it.

You might need something stronger than zantac it didn't work for us either...or gaviscon, we're on other meds (cant mind name off top of my head) & also a reflux formula on prescription but its pretty hard to get.

xxxxxxxxxxx

I had a natural birth, only thing that really went wrong was his heartbeat started to drop maybe that resulted in jack's reflux. Xx

we have tried osteopathy but we were told that it wont actually cure it. reflux is generally casued by a little flap over an opening in the stomach I think that hasnt fully formed and it can take up to 6 months to form fully.
Saying that, I feel the osteopathy had a positive effect. His diapragham was a bit twisted and under pressure which can worsen reflux so they work on that for him, releasing the tension :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back