Referral to RMC and management questions

I will definately ask as I am sure we will see one of the doctors who will explain everything to us. I have to wait the week as they need to wait for the sac to get to a certain size before they can diagnose it 100%. I havent had any bleeding yet. If I hadnt been for the scan I would be so excited as this is the longest I have gone in a pregnancy without bleeding (apart from with son) x

Yep!! Thats what I have just written!! didnt read whole thread first x

They havent said blighted ovum yet but from my reading it does sound like it although there was a little yolk sac on first scan and I am not sure if blighted ovum is when there is nothing at all? They had better not do that to me, this is agonising enough :( x

I know. I'm so sorry you are having to go through it :-(.

I originally went for scan for suspected ectopic, but found sac in correct place and also pointed out Little embryo growing. ( not sure of my terminology).Had to go back the next week to check there wasn't also an egg in the tube. There wasn't, but they noticed the embryo had gone but sac doubled in size. And so my weekly trips in begun. I also have a tilted uterus, so they said it could be hiding, or I wasn't as far along as I thought.

This sounds so similar to what happened with me. I dont have a tilted uterus though and I am 100% on dates so they cant say that x

Also ladies, what is the typical time for waiting for procedure o be done. My scan is friday so will it be some time the following week? Or longer? I dont think I can cope emotionally with a longer wait than that x

For me , my local hospital have alwyas done it asap and because of the 'sensitive' nature of the op (their words) it is always the very first op of the day unless of any medical emergencies that will go in front.

Ist one I found out on a Monday, ERPC was 7am Tuesday morning, 2nd one I had it confirmed on the Friday and it was 7am Monday morning,
Well 7am I had to be there, they prep you up, BP, gown, sign forms , introduce dr, blah blah.
1st one went for op at 9am, 2nd one was one emergency went up about 10am.

But i know this is not the case for all hospitals, ii hope it is with you. As yes once ERPC is complete then you can start to move on and start the healing process rather than still being stuck in it, and waiting.

xxx

P.s one thing i remember reading on here, i think it was fliss who posted that she got told from RMC. Is that the only women who never get their babies, is the ones that give up.
Stay as strong as you can hun, but be very gentle and kind to yourself. Take as long off work as you feel you need.
For me personally two weeks was the right amount, just see how u feel and take every day as it comes .
Much love xxx

I hope my hospital is that quick, just want to start dealing with it, at the moment its limbo, even though I know what the outcome will be, my OH is still staying optimistic which is stressing me out as he is setting himself up for more heartbreak. I am so glad you wrote that about fliss as I posted in another thread that I had read something like that on here but I couldnt remember who from. I will never give up. We have conceived 3 times in 2 years, it took us a long time but I am determined that we will get there again. I was so sure it wouldnt happen naturally for us and although it hasnt worked out, we know there is hope x

Yeah someone also said to me once , its like the roll of a dice, whether you get a good egg or not.
I didnt believe it at the time, but seeing how common mc is I think they were right.
One day that roll of dice will be lucky for you, such a shame about the heartache inbetween.

Funny though looking back now for me, I think the timing is perfect now, and if I never had those three yrs of trying then I dont know I wouldnt be the person I am, or have the relationship with OH, maybe having two young children for us would have driven a wedge and we would not appreciate so much, it has definitely brought us closer going through such tough times and times that we nearly split through. We know we can surivive anything now.

I have heard people say that you have the children that you are meant too, and i think it true.
I just think sometimes its the path you have to travel, no matter how rocky, but dont give up u ewill get there.
Thats the spirit dont give up xxx

I always live by the mantra that everything happens for a reason, its just hard to stick to that thinking sometimes and I have to keep reminding myself of it x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back