Recurrent Miscarriage

Hi Emily I'm so sorry your going through this, again!!

After my son I had 4 losses, 3 of them were under 6weeks and I managed then myself with no contact with gp or hospital. The 4th was a blighted ovum which I lost at 8 weeks.

After the 1st loss I didn't get pregnant again for another 8 months and initially I was referred to the fertility clinic. They did some testing etc but everything looked ok. They talked about future IVF if needed but never told me I wasn't eligible as I already had a child. Maybe it's different in different areas. Looking back I know after my first loss I was extremely stressed we had a housing issue, work became really demanding and when things settled it was only then I sat back and thought fucking hell the last few months I haven't been me!! So I think I'm all honesty that was the reason for not conceiving.

Then from Aug 2015 I was started conceiving regularly every 2/3 months but again losing them. After the empty sac in January this year I was referred to the recurrent miscarriage clinic. My gp told me not to stop trying if I didn't want to and like you I said that's it I'm going to wait until after testing. But the referral took ages to come through then the appointment was cancelled and rearranged. I was desperate to try again so we just went for it. Finally I got pregnant again before the appointment and I didn't go in the end. I also knew deep down they wouldn't find anything I think I just had a case of bad luck if I'm honest.

I'm 13 weeks now and still in disbelief that I'm still preggers as I'm sure you can imagine but it can and will happen for you honey.

I wish you all the luck in the world.

Xxx

Thanks for your message hun.

It brings me hope to hear of someone having a successful pregnancy after recurrent loss, having already had a child.

So many of the things I've read about rmc are from ladies who are trying for their first.

To be honest, I don't think they'll find anything wrong but I'd much rather know for sure.

Congratulations on your pregnancy hun :)

XX

Oh Emily, I am so so so sorry to read of your sad loss (and losses).

I can't offer you advice on your question but I wanted to send you all my sympathies xxx

So sorry Emily. Don't give up hope, I'm now 27 weeks at the age of 42 after ttc for 4 years with 5 losses during that time. All my tests came back fine. I was however given progesterone this time from my bfp to see if it helped sustain the pregnancy and who knows whether it was that or not but here I am xx
Good luck xx

Thanks girls.

I'm so grateful for everyone's support.

I guess we'll see what the tests show and then go from there. I'll ask them what the case would be if they didn't find anything wrong. Whether they would still advise anything or any meds etc?

I know there's women who swear by baby aspirin and think that it what helped them get their rainbows.

I've not tried anything like that yet, but it'll be worth discussing when we go in for our tests.

XX

I've just had my bloods done for my rmcs (4 so far) I too have had a child already. I'm not hopeful they will find anything but I hope they do as it would answer some of my other health issues too. We too decided to stop trying until the results but we are ntnp at the moment. I hope you get answers. I need to have a few dido cams and I've been prescribed high dose folic acid and asprin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back